Understanding new and forthcoming trends, as well as focusing on major technologies that comprise the new model, is critical for web developers. This can help organizations develop long-term strategies and become state-of-the-art in the business realm. The inclusion of voice search in web development is one such trend that is destined to dominate the workflow of web developers. The aggregate quantity of voice search queries has increased significantly in recent years. People are increasingly embracing voice search features in search engines and smart assistants to conduct searches. Optimizing for voice search is one of the most rapidly rising topics in web development. According to research, more than 40% of surveyed consumers prefer using voice search due to the comfort and ease it offers. Voice is fundamentally altering how people interact with technology, particularly the growing tendency to verbally talk with digital devices. Consequently, online search is fundamentally changing from what we know it to be.
What Is Voice Search?
Voice search is a type of voice recognition technology that enables users to do searches by speaking directly to their enabled devices. Google voice searches have increased dramatically in recent years, therefore including voice search into your digital marketing plan is essential. Siri, OK Google, and numerous more smart devices that use voice commands have been introduced. In recent years, speech recognition on devices has become more accustomed to our unique voice, and we frequently find it quicker to search for information by speaking to our phones than typing into a browser. It is faster and smarter, and our phones now understand us.
Reasons to Consider Voice Search:
- Most people now utilize their mobile phones to access the Internet.
- Google has announced that voice search accounts for more than 20% of all Android searches.
- By default, mobile phones include a voice feature.
- Many devices and gadgets that use voice commands, such as Alexa and Google Assistant Home, are popular.
- Voice accuracy is the greatest we’ve ever seen, with more than 95 percent of searches being correct.
- Google’s mobile-focused algorithm will be implemented soon and will have an impact on many websites when it comes to ranking.
How To Optimize Your Website for Voice Search:
- Make your website mobile friendly: The most critical tip for preparing your website for voice search is to make it mobile friendly. Everyone uses their phone to access the internet. Nowadays, all searches are done on mobile phones. As a result, it is critical to make the site mobile-friendly and to deliver a decent mobile experience to your users. Simple web design, making content easy to access, using large font sizes, and allowing users to switch to desktop mode at any time are some quick recommendations to make your site mobile friendly.
- Questions and answers: When people ask queries to a smart device, they usually ask the entire question rather than a combination of keywords. We begin with words like “who,” “why,” “where,” “what,” and “how,” therefore focus your material on interrogatory statements. Remember that voice search will only display ONE answer rather than the entire page of search results, so you’ll need to undertake research to appropriately point to your target audience. Google and other search engines want a concise answer to a question, neither too long nor too short. Because of natural speech, the inquiries tend to be lengthier, whilst the replies must be concise and to the point. It is also critical to provide a grammatically correct response.
- Optimize your content: Content must be optimized for traffic generation through voice search. Use long tail keywords in your content so that voice searchers may find it. Make your material easy to read, understandable, and scannable. To make it more understandable, you can include content in headers, subheadings, paragraphs, and bullet points. Provide users with all necessary and valuable information. Include FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) on your sites to help Google extract relevant content from your site and display it in search results. Building authority and scoring SEO (Search Engine Optimization) points can be essential if you want your website to figure prominently in voice search results.
- Add schema metadata: Schema markup is a code that can be added to a website’s HTML. Using schema metadata can help your SEO. This is also true when it comes to optimizing your website for voice search inquiries. When you create schema information for your website, search engines have better knowledge of its contents, enhancing visibility and giving you a lot better chance of appearing in voice search results. Metadata on the webpage is easily extracted by search engines, allowing them to deliver additional information to users. You can even influence how your brand appears in search results.
- Long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are longer, more specialized keyword phrases that customers are more likely to utilize when they are near a point-of-purchase or when using voice search. This is an important step in optimizing your website for voice search. Because most speech queries are conversational, optimizing for spoken rather than written keywords might help your website rank higher in voice search results. Because natural language queries are typically too extensive and specific, most voice search users are shifting to long-tail keyword searches. Long-tail SEO accounts for 70% of total online searches, resulting in high conversion rates.
- Update Information on Google My Business: We can confidently assume that the majority of users end their voice search inquiries with “near me.” The Google My Business listing is the most important component in determining whether we rank for such queries. It’s one of the simplest ways to attract your target audience’s attention, but you must ensure that your content and overall information are accurate and on point. When someone requests you to display similar businesses in your region, you must tell Google where your business is located. In the listing, include your name, address, and phone number, as well as the appropriate business category and area code. You can also try to rank for “near me” inquiries by targeting local keywords that include location-specific phrases which generate results related to the same geographic location.
- Page load speed: A very important step is to optimize the loading speed of your website. When presented with many sites with similar content, search engines such as Google prioritize the one that loads the fastest. This means that if your website is slower than the competition, you may lose out on voice search traffic.
Benefits of Optimizing Your Website for Voice Search:
- Higher rankings: Voice search results frequently appear in the top three positions on search engine results pages (SERPs). Optimizing your content for voice searches increases the number of visits.
- Higher revenue: More visitors equals more conversions, which equals more revenue.
- Higher authority: When you start ranking for voice searches and grow your audience, you raise the authority of your website.
Key Voice Search Trends You Should Know:
- When do people use voice search the most? 52.8 % while driving
- Where are voice searches mostly generated? Most searches come from mobile phones, and 52% of people place their smart speakers in the living room at home.
- What are adults using voice search for? 40% ask for directions
- What is it most used for? 58% of people use voice for local search; whether it’s local business or sites.
- Why do people use voice search? The most frequently cited justification for using voice is efficiency; 76% use it on a regular basis because they find it very natural and 68% of users believe these virtual assistants make their lives easier in general.
Voice search is simpler, more efficient, and straightforward. Voice search is becoming more popular with each passing year. Its impact on customer behavior is massive, and digital marketers must be prepared for it to match user expectations. It’s not shocking that voice search will eventually take over the web search area; it is simply more natural for people to talk. Voice search is also quick, easy, and informal. Today, an increasing number of users rely on voice search as a more dependable choice that provides faster results. Voice search is altering how people conduct themselves in their daily lives, it enables people to multitask in previously unthinkable ways. Businesses are catching up to this voice search supremacy as well. People can execute things more swiftly and easily thanks to voice technology. By being extremely helpful, efficient, and productive. Overall, voice technology simplifies people’s lives in ways that were not previously feasible. Voice-based chatbots and similar services, which are easily accessible and highly interactive, are providing incredible value to consumers and organizations.