We’re looking for a XSLT Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: XSLT Developer
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1350
Brief description of duties:
The Senior XSLT Software Developer will lead an initiative to convert the client’s 20-year old custom Webtalk from Internet Explorer to Chrome. The intended outcome is to make Webtalk accessible to customers on current applications. This assignment requires expert knowledge of Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT), the recommended style sheet language for XML, a mature, widely accepted standard. Currently, the client’s in-house developed Webtalk works only on Explorer. Many of our customers have migrated to Chrome. We envision this conversion to Chrome will require approximately 6 months to complete, although there may be additional and related requirements. The conversion work will require documentation and testing. This will be an exciting opportunity for someone with mature skills in XSLT to contribute to this modernization.
We seek a self-motivated and resourceful candidate proficient in XSLT and comfortable working to defined deadlines. Candidates should be at ease making recommendations to senior management and working within a structured project framework with weekly update reporting requirements.
- University or College Degree, plus relevant experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT) including industry best practices.
- High degree of knowledge in the development of lifecycle and software development methodologies
- Understanding of various, industry-standard software development techniques, methodologies, and best practices
- Competent in effectively using software development and source control tools
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
|Java, Java Script, J2EE, .Net, Web Services (SOAP & REST), Angular JS, Junit, XML, Workflow, Data Power, IBM Campaign Suite||2-3|