We’re looking for a UX Designer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: UX Designer
Term: 6-month Contract – Toronto, London, and Winnipeg
Location: Remote for now
Job ID number: C1012
Brief description of duties:
- Creating and effectively presenting UX deliverables (flows, sketches, wireframes, journey maps, prototypes, etc.) to stakeholders and teams – you have a talent for making even the most complex concepts seem simple
- Assessing data from multiple sources (UX research, SEO, product requirements, tech constraints, analytics) and synthesizing it to develop efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Empathizing with our users, and becoming an expert in their thoughts, needs, and behaviors through direct contact in the form of user interviews and usability tests
- Staying current on emerging trends in user-centered methodologies, accessibility, UI design patterns, usability principles, and web technologies
- Working collaboratively with User Experience, Digital Customer Experience and Strategic Customer Marketing teams and act as an advocate for the user
- Being fully embedded in a product delivery team, embracing real-time collaboration
MUST haves :
- This role will require the candidate to design UX standards for a new web-based application.
- This candidate will also review MMC UI standards and recommend new standards/adjustments going forward and develop new UI and feel i.e. Standard navigation, fonts, buttons, wireframe, etc.
- A few years of professional experience in a UX or Interaction Design role and preferably some experience in a previous role where you have acted as the UX/UI project lead
- A demonstrable portfolio of work that exhibits your process for solving design problems
- Clear ability to simplify complex concepts and requirements in presentation, design, and implementation
- Experience with industry tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe CC
- Excellent communicator with the ability to effectively convey design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders