We are looking for a UI/UX Designer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: UI/UX Designer
Term: Contract – 9 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – twice a week
Job ID number: C1383
Brief Description on Duties:
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Canadian Digital Banking – Product management and product design for digital properties for mobile and web relating to the Wealth Management business at the Bank.
Project: iTrade mobile app (iOS and Android)
Candidate Value Proposition:The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge market platforms and work on the mobile digital wealth platform as part of the fastest growing Digital group at the Bank, alongside Scotia’s product and design community of practice.
Typical Day in Role:
- Play a pivotal role in enhancing the Bank’s Direct Investing app, iTRADE, for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, fellow designers, content producers, and researchers to craft best-in-class digital experiences.
- Translate customer feedback, stakeholder insights, and analytics into actionable design improvements.
- Engage in design thinking to tackle complex challenges, seeking simple, elegant solutions.
- Utilize expertise in Material Design 3 and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines to create intuitive, user-centric designs.
- Apply deep understanding of typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, and color theory to produce aesthetically pleasing and functional designs.
- Create design documentation details including, user flows, dark and light themes, prototypes and accessibility annotation.
- Help evolve our design system, ensuring consistency and efficiency across our products.
- Use advanced skills in Figma to bring innovative design concepts to life.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- 10+ years of experience as a product designer
- 3-5 years of recent professional experience with iOS and Android mobile app product design
- 2+ years of experience with Figma
- Strong demonstrated experience with visual design / UI
- Experience having worked in a large product team (with researchers, product managers, engineers, designers)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please include portfolio link.
**We expect that the candidate will have a readily available portfolio of work which outlines their role in the project with examples of their designs and process. If they don’t have something to share or aren’t allowed to for NDAs, they can do their own case study if invited to interview: pick an application (mobile app) and assess it from an experiential perspective, form their own perspective on experiential needs and provide a re-design.
- FI/Banking experience
- Animation experience
Soft Skills Required:
- Meticulous attention to detail and a knack for finding simple solutions to complex design problems.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A passion for translating insights and analytics into thoughtful design solutions.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Design
- Studies and/or experience in complementary fields to Product Design, visual design, animation, applied arts, etc. an asset
Best VS. Average Candidate:
- A strong individual contributor in Product Design who has the right soft skills and the education and experience to excel in role; strong customer focus; experience in product design and strong visual design skillset and proven experience to support it (e.g. strong portfolio). A formal design education vs just a bootcamp or UX course makes a difference in elevating the candidate’s skillset.