We are looking for a UI/UX Designer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: UI/UX Designer
Term: 3 months (with extension) – 37.5 hours/Week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid (2 days on-site)
Job ID number: C1213
Brief Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on customer facing digital banking projects; they will be able to see value through customer feedback. It is also an opportunity to work for one of the big 5 Canadian Banks that has won many Digital Banking awards, and with a diverse and international team across the Caribbean, Canada, and Chile. They will be part of a great team culture, within a team works together well; gain exposure to different areas of the bank, not only in technology, but different product lines, vendors; there is a chance to explore interests and work towards them.
- Work with diverse partners & stakeholders to design services and experiences, as well as the internal
processes, policies and programs that support them, in support of seamless customer experiences.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of human needs and how they can be mapped back to organizational
systems and processes
- Defines insights about what makes processes bad and experiences awful for our customers, always operating constructively toward recommending positive alternatives
- Designs and delivers end-to-end projects, managing stakeholders, schedules, and deliverables
- Translate complex systems in compelling stories, communicating in a credible and engaging manner to
meaningfully stretch people’s thinking and reconstruct longstanding operating models
- Look at platforms and interactions with back-end contact centers etc.; map entire journey of how CC personal information is put in for example; uses knowledge of entire ecosystem to provide recommendations to simplify flow/processes
- Accountable for delivery and design of a range of workshops, ideation sessions and design sprints to
engage employees and customers in designing customer-centric processes
- Highly skilled in various design tools such as journey maps, service patterns and service blueprints to
effectively institutionalize customer-centric practices
- Have specialized skills and experience in the nature & pace of change in a specific market as well as
the related needs and behaviours of our customers, identifying potential opportunities and channels
relevant to our business
- Apply expertise to the analysis and synthesis of multiple sources of data, including observational
interviews, qualitative research studies and direct user feedback.
- Provide empathy and an un-biased viewpoint to all aspects of design work.
- Contribute to the growth of the Service Design practice, acting as an advocate for
the practice and a passionate agent of change.
- Participate actively in a collaborative, innovative, challenging and supportive team environment.
Must Have Skills:
- Experience in service design, business design or a closely related field
- Demonstrated experience in consulting successfully on large and complex multi-channel projects
- Demonstrated experience showcasing expertise in design methodologies such as journey mapping, pattern and blueprint development, contextual interviews, ethnographic observation, diary studies, design workshops, landscape reviews, trend analysis, etc.
- Experience to demonstrate thorough knowledge of information architecture and systems thinking as they apply to the design of a service
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Background in Fintech or other financial related products is an asset
- Mastery of Figma is an asset; including the ability to build your own design artifacts such as personas, journey maps, reports, etc.
- Demonstrates a positive and resilient personality; able to embrace feedback and have a desire
for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage own
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- Deals well with ambiguity, taking smart and calculated risks and supports others who do the same
- Effectively able to prioritize and pivot in response to evolving business constraints.
- Post-secondary education in a field related to service design, human behavior, such as HCI, psychology, anthropology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics.
|Job Category||UI/UX Desginer|