We are looking for a Technical Writer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Technical Writer
Term: 12-month – 37.5 hours
Location: Ottawa – Hybrid 5 times a month
Job ID number: C1026
Brief description of duties:
In 2021 EDC embarked on a digital transformation journey to become a more customer focused digital organization. Key to achieving the digital transformation at EDC is the data and analytics strategy. Over the last years, to enable the Digital transformation and data analytics strategy, EDC has invested in developing a consolidated Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) on Azure cloud, enabled by data and analytics tools and best practice operational and governance processes.
At EDC, a change management methodology is in place and when enacted it provides, among others, a Change Scope Assessment, a Change Canvas and a Change Plan. The Enterprise Data Operations & Technology (EDOT) team is seeking an experienced communications content developer / writer services with experience in Data and Analytics (D&A) domain to support the implementation of the change plans and create the content.
- Work with the EDOT Chapter Leads, COE Leads and Product Owners to review change plans and their required content and support requirements
- Monitor, support and report on progress of change plan activities
- As part of the change plan execution activities, work with EDOT stakeholders at all levels to create communications content and participate in reviews of the content.
- Create various types of content such as: email, presentation materials, articles, job aids.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience writing communications content within the data and analytics domain.
- Excellent project management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
Other Skills Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS suite of products, including creating and organizing MS Teams Channels
- Bilingualism (English/French, spoken and written) is a strong asset.
Nice to haves:
- Technical Writing certification/diploma and/or university degree in a related field, such as Journalism, Communications or English
- Minimum 5 years’ experience writing communications content in a data & analytics or IT environment
- Experience in graphic and web design, external corporate communications and branding is an asset
- Experience in implementing available change management plans, tactics supporting delivery teams in their daily comms requirements to stakeholders.
|Job Category||Technical Writer|
|Data and analytics domain||4+|