We’re looking for a Technical Writer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Technical Writer
Term: 6 months + extension
Location: Remote, for now/ Toronto
Job ID number: C1241
Brief description of duties:
As a Knowledge Base Owner/Technical Writer, you will assemble, guide, implement and maintain an effective knowledge base for the EpiCX program that enables better end-user adoption, ultimately benefiting our business and eventually, our patients. You will be collaborating with the various product teams, developers, quality engineers, change agents, and various stakeholders to build a content repository that will make our products easier to use.
- Plan and implement a knowledge base for the EpiCX ecosystem in Service Now
- Study, outline, write and edit new and existing content, working closely with various product teams to understand project and product requirements
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Collaborate with various leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Produce high-quality documentation by incorporating business context alongside technical details that meet applicable standards and are appropriate for its intended audience
- Maintain and upkeep the repository through every release cycle
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of products
- Create and maintain the products information architecture within ServiceNow
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role or context
- Good working knowledge of ServiceNow Knowledge Base
- Demonstrated experience in managing knowledge base for large transformation programs
- Experience preparing end-user documents for Salesforce CRM or similar systems
- Business domain knowledge for one or more of the following areas: Commercial Excellence, CRM, Multichannel, analytical/dashboards, finance/procurement
- Pharma Commercial Operations experience is an added advantage
Nice to haves:
- Lives the spirits of an agile innovative culture with a mindset of servant leadership
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with business stakeholders and vendors to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple topics simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Strong interpersonal skills, skilled in facilitation, situational awareness, communications, and mentoring
- Working knowledge of SDLC and release processes
- Passionate about learning, sharing, and further developing best practices to achieve greater impact
- Strong awareness of geographic, cultural, and organizational opportunities, conditions, and constraints to build sound, sustainable and collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- EpiCX is a global program, therefore flexibility to attend some meetings (not all) outside “standard” working hours is needed to be successful.
|Job Category||Technical Writer|