We’re looking for a Technical Writer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Technical Writer
Term: 12 months + extension
Location: Remote, for now/ Toronto
Job ID number: C1232
Brief description of duties:
UX Researchers plan, design and carry out research activities with users to get a better understanding of the needs of the user so that those insights can then influence the design decisions of UX Designers. UX Research is not a “one-shot” function but rather an iterative one. They transpose their research into documents and other communication tools to be referenced by designers and developers and are present throughout the product lifecycle. This person knows more about what is going on with ARENA as a product than almost anyone
• Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Interaction Design, Computer/Information Science, or similar; or equivalent practical experience.
• 2+years of UX Research/digital experience with consumer-facing digital products, websites, and mobile experiences.
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, image editing, and video editing skills.
• Proven UX Research interest and/or experience.
• Experience in identifying research needs and matching those needs to generative and evaluative research methods.
• Examples of delivering usability testing, including several of the following: moderation, screener and test plan creation, debriefing, facilitation, and presentation of results and recommendations – either directly, or in partnership with vendors.
• Ability to synthesize multiple insights to arrive at recommendations that deliver customer-focused outcomes for the organization and communicate them effectively to Product Owners and Designers.
• Strong communication, presentation, influencing, and relationship-building skills.
• Can demonstrate experience adapting to change, and be able to hit the ground running, managing multiple projects to tight deadlines.
Some responsibilities include:
1. Site mapping, User Flows, and Customer Journey mapping.
2. User Persona creation and updating
3. Customer Interviews
4. Working with VoC and transposing this information into actionable insights specific to UX
6. Performance measuring of each iterative version of the product
7. Ensuring accessibility compliance in the UX Designs
8. Executing and recording A/B testing and tracking to facilitate design branching and versioning.
9. Works with all members of the UX and Dev teams to ensure that there is a common understanding of the needs of the user at all stages of product design and development.
Tools a UX Researcher uses:
1. Digital Whiteboards such as Mural, Freehand, FigJam
2. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
3. Google Analytics or other user tracking software
Skills at a glance:
1. Excellent communication skills – especially in a virtual environment
2. Working knowledge of UX and UI principles (same level as a UX designer)
3. A compulsion to get every detail, no matter how small.
4. Copy and Tech writing skills (Moderate)
5. Early adopter for new tools and techniques.
6. Extreme multitasker
7. A walking encyclopedia of all things UX
|Job Category||Technical Writer|
|Specific expectations to be doing research and producing documentation.||Must have|
|Portfolio or online examples of work.||Must have|