Technical Support Specialist
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Vaughn – Hybrid
Job ID number: C1259
Brief description of duties:
The Sr. Technical Support Specialist will work collaboratively within the Competency Center Toronto (CCT) team and respond to and troubleshoot customer software issues for all client’s Software products. This individual will also assist with supporting on premise platforms and deployments in addition to the implementation and support of key Cloud initiatives. The CCT support team is responsible for 24x7x365 support of client’s Software products installed both on customer premises and on the Cloud. The Sr. Technical Support Specialist must have a proven track record of supporting software applications and creating and maintaining a cloud infrastructure and a demonstrated expertise in related Cloud technologies. We are looking for an experienced technical support specialist who wants to grow his/her career while contributing to customer success.
- Document all issues in the client’s issue tracking system and keep this information up-to-date.
- Troubleshoot, debug and technically lead the team not only in the day-to-day activities, but also should be able to mentor them for the learning paths and transformations.
- Setup and configuration of test environment including virtual machines, servers and databases in order to replicate customer incidents.
- Participate in Cloud operations on a day-to-day basis maintaining continuous availability, durability, scale and up time of the platform as well as services/applications.
- Monitor and manage Cloud based infrastructure (AWS/GCP/AZURE) including Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, Storage, Backup
- Closely work with stakeholders and plan maintenance activities of the Cloud Platform.
- Work with R&D team in order to solve the customer’s incident.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for customer communication.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with all customers at all times.
- Keep up-to-date with technical and product knowledge.
- Escalation point for issues raised by the Support Specialists.
- Available during afterhours for escalated support issues.
- Escalate issues to management as needed.
- Participate in the 24×7 support for internal and external customers
- Experience with setting up database servers (Oracle, SQL Server), application servers (IBM Websphere, JBoss) and reporting servers (SAP BO)
- Should have working knowledge of Networking concepts including Public/Hybrid Cloud/Virtualization, Windows/Linux servers and Messaging Queues (Active MQ)
- Experience with setting up Virtual Servers and Virtual Machines
- Extensive knowledge of Azure and other public cloud platforms (AWS/GCP).
- Hands on experience in deployment of Microservices in Kubernetes based orchestration suites or other open-source container orchestration system for automating software deployment, scaling, and management
- Experience with networking services, CNIs, load balancers and related technologies
- Solid troubleshooting experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Containers and microservices architecture
- Demonstrated experience with migrating an Enterprise class infrastructure to Public Cloud Platforms
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, ELK, etc
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure design, build, deployment and automation using Scripting, Ansible, or Terraform.
- Ability to maintain/modify Azure Infrastructure as Code required to deploy and maintain cloud environments
- Working knowledge of programming languages (e.g. VB 6.0, .NET, C#, Java) would be beneficial
- Ability to quickly assimilate technical and non-technical information
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, ability for multitasking and good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and persistent in execution and follow-up tasks and the ability to lead and work in a team environment.
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times and utilize sound judgment in dealing with business information.
- Generates enthusiasm and support of company objectives and is trustworthy and credible.
- Must be willing to work in a 24×7 environment and conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- The ability to make recommendations for continuous quality improvements in all areas of accountability.
- Flexibility to work long hours as necessary and able to handle high pressure in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize and multitask as needed
- Ability to effectively collaborate with distributed team
|Job Category||Tech Support|
|Technical support specialist||4+|