We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Technical Support Specialist
Term: 12-month contract
Location: Hybrid – Few days a week in office downtown
Job ID number: C1155
Brief description of duties:
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible to deliver on site support activities with a focus on end user support, setup and operational maintenance of computer system hardware and software, as well as technical support for computer applications and communications software. This position will work within a team of other IT Department personnel, and in conjunction with personnel from other divisions, to execute the company’s IT strategies and ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the company’s business objectives.
- Provide full onsite/desk side and remote support to end users for all their IT issues, service/change requests
Image, deploy, upgrade and refresh PCs and manage assets
- Triage incoming tickets; assign to various queues in accordance with established procedures
- Responsible for maintaining and patching computer hardware, software and operating systems that supports the current PCI compliancy model.
Administer, configure, install and maintain desktop, laptop, tablet, printers, cell phone and communication hardware and software applications
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions; collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by technical support analysts
- Determine trend analysis, emulate or reproduce technical problems encountered by users
- Provide local subject matter expertise regarding processes, technology, organization and business
- Continuous development and improvement of On-Site Support service delivery for enhancing the user experience.
- Provide hands on support to our specialist team with server, network, printer, and telephony infrastructure when needed.
Supplies, services and systems:
- Maintain software licences and asset inventory
- Maintain the system backups for Recovery and Disaster Recovery
- Administer and maintain security compliance on all Apple Business Manager and AirWatch devices
- Responsible for providing accurate account management on Users Accounts
- Responsible for onboarding and off boarding of users’ computer equipment
- Schedule service work and maintenance as required; assist in overseeing work, ensuring meeting of established standards
- In accordance with department mandate, liaise with vendors for procurement of equipment, supplies and services as required
- Performs periodic on-call and other duties related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position and which supports our 24x7x365 operations.
- Provide regular management reports and recommendations regarding capacity planning for systems within the position’s scope of responsibility
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience imaging Windows devices – desktops/laptops/tablet
Demonstrated working knowledge of:
- Strong technical knowledge of troubleshooting PC’s, laptops, MS Windows
- Experience working with Active Directory, user permissions, group policies, password resets, user creation
- Experience working with ticketing systems
- Experience working with imaging and customization for system profiles
- Experience working with Windows Enterprise Servers 2008 – 2019 Standard – Data Center.
- Experience working with Office 365 / Exchange Enterprise Server and User Email Support
- Experience working with Zoom, Slack, Cisco IP Communicator Suite, Jabber, Webex, Airwatch
|Job Category||Tech Support|
|Imaging Windows devices – desktops/laptops/tablets||2-3|
|Troubleshooting PC's, laptops, MS Windows||2-3|