We’re looking for a Technical Navigator! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Technical Navigator
Location: Remote, for now/ Toronto
Job ID number: C1251
Brief description of duties:
Technical navigator is our client’s title for a cross-functional project resource. Part BA, part project lead/ product owner.
Facilitate the delivery of several complex projects.
The Technical Navigator ensures the delivery of technically complex business solutions targeted at various business units. The Technical Navigator coordinates the development, delivery, and support activities and ensures deliverables are of the highest quality while adhering to defined release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging a team of technical staff.
The incumbent manages resources, sub-projects, and activities while contributing to delivery goals in direct support of business and technology drivers (including revenue goals and customer project targets).
Contributes to the overall success of the Systems, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
- Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing the quality review, and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for managing releases comprising of multiple implementations of one or more applications end to end ensuring all the gates such as on-time development, security, and QA are followed. This includes the ability to manage Operational Readiness and respective approvals, Architecture Review Board triage submissions, and LETs (with the support and supervision of the Senior Manager Dev). Responsible for ensuring test and release environments are all aligned and in sync, there is no room for error in this as any slight error can take away the team’s productivity and ability to meet the critical product release/implementation deadline.
- Operationalizes technical and managerial processes and supervises the development and maintenance of business support systems.
- Schedules and manages daily huddle, establish and own the production support roster/change calendar
- Leads a team of IT professionals (FTEs and contractors) and is responsible and accountable for reporting solution delivery.
- Leads the team in the areas of release scheduling, technical direction, future planning, and standard development methodologies.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices, and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing, and implementing software solutions.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with the client’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to, and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions, and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Ensure Agile and Lean best practices are applied to software development and architecture creation.
Nice to haves:
- Strong Banking experience as a BA, PM
- Experience working in an AGILE environment.
|Job Category||Business Analyst|
|Financial experience||Must have|