Technical Cloud Program Lead
We are looking for a Technical Cloud Program Lead! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Technical Cloud Program Lead
Term: 12-month contract – 40 hours
Location: Toronto – Hybrid
Job ID number: C1280
Brief description of duties:
We need a technical Program lead who will be planning, overseeing, and supporting (technical troubleshooting, etc.) our on-prem to Cloud migration for roughly 2k servers.
- Planning the cloud migration strategy across multiple systems (each with independent technical dependencies across multiple teams)
- Supporting troubleshooting exercises during the cloud migration process and providing technical insight into potential pitfalls, solutions, etc.
- Assisting with cloud architectural design as system plan the migration from on-prem to Google and Amazon cloud services
In the first 6 months we are targeting to migrate roughly 400 servers from on-prem to the cloud. The contractor will be expected to provide technical oversight to this entire activity and step in where required to see it’s success.
- Enterprise cloud migration experience
- Hands-on experience with Google and Amazon cloud services
- Experience managing projects with large numbers of technical interdependencies.
- 5+ years of experience with Google cloud
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon cloud (nice to have)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong technical understand of interdependencies of applications when migrating from on-prem to the cloud.
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years of experience with an Enterprise Organization overseeing cloud migration of on-prem and legacy applications
- Experience delivering $10M+ projects over multiple years
- Experience leading technical delivery teams
- Experience preparing executive communications related to project status, risks, costs, etc