We are looking for a Systems Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Systems Architect
Term: 6-12 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid once or twice a week on-site
Job ID number: C1260
Brief Description of Duties:
You will be joining a highly collaborative group with experience in and passion for delivering innovative solutions for our clients, advisors, and employees using the latest technology and insights. The Senior Manager, Architecture will work closely with executive sponsors, project managers, systems analysts, software developers, vendors and infrastructure specialists, sharing leadership responsibility for system delivery and quality through successive project phases.
The role includes responsibility for the overall architecture, development, and integration of multi-platform information technology solutions within projects, as well as providing project management leadership and support through resource planning, mentoring junior technical staff, and providing vendor/supplier co-ordination within projects for technical products or services.
- Leading the definition and proposal of Business Systems and Technology solutions as part of project leadership teams.
- Designing business application systems, including end to end solution components, to deliver the required functional and non-functional/engineering capabilities.
- Designing the integration of business applications with complex systems of applications and infrastructure in a multi-company environment.
- Providing oversight to ensure that all components of systems are properly constructed and implemented.
- Engaging with other business, system and enterprise architects on the team and across the enterprise to ensure that solutions across the organization are aligned
Core Competencies and Experience:
- At least 10 years’ experience designing, integrating, and implementing application solutions for businesses in a large, complex systems environment
- Proven skills in designing and delivering multi-platform business application solutions
- Proven skills in designing and delivering complex solutions including both automated and manual processes
- Broad knowledge of IT industry technology and directions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong SQL skills and experience performing data analysis
- Experience defining business strategy, business processes and business systems across a single business domain
- Superior leadership, collaboration, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective communication and internal consulting skills with a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to summarize complex and sensitive topics to effectively communicate to senior stakeholders
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- Ability to operate under regulatory and privacy frameworks.
Highly Valued Competencies:
- Knowledge of the Wealth Management/Capital Markets and the Financial Services industry
- Experience delivering capabilities involving packaged / SaaS solutions.
- Familiarity with cloud implementations and migrations
- Awareness of integration platforms including MuleSoft, SAP BTP
- Awareness of the Salesforce and SAP eco-system.