We’re looking for a System Administrator! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: System Administrator
Term: 10-month Contract
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1391
Brief description of duties:
• Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
• Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
• Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
• Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
• Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
• Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
• Providing technical support when requested.
• Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
• Post-secondary degree or technical diploma in computer science or related field
• Experience administering Unix and Windows operating systems.
• Strong system performance monitoring and tuning skill
• Virtualization experience (Hyper-V, VMWare, or other hypervisors)
• Understanding of network fundamentals (TPC\IP, Routing, VLAN, etc.)
• Experience with the deployment and management of complex system architectures.
• Experience in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, and Powershell
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and RunDeck
• Extensive experience with enterprise application development and integration
• Familiarity with running databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience in the internet, telephony, wireless, billing, provisioning, or mediation systems would be a definite asset
• Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Design, install, configure, and provide architectural and engineering support for various infrastructure ecosystems comprising Linux (RedHat and Oracle) Servers deployed on VMware ESX Clusters, HP Systems, Oracle Exadata, and Nutanix Private Cloud
• Install, configure, and manage VMware infrastructure comprising VMware Virtual Centers, ESX hosts clusters, vCenter Server Appliances, Datastores/ Shared Storage, Distributed Switches /VLANs, NSX, DRS clusters, SRM high availability/DR solutions for various Linux/Intel VMs.
• Perform RedHat Linux upgrade
• Install, Configure and Manage RedHat Satellite servers for OS provisioning, Software and OS updates/rollout on Linux VM and Physical Servers
• Manage and develop custom security-hardened VM images and VM snapshots as per business guidelines and requirements
• Implement automation and configuration management with Jenkins, Terraform, and RedHat Ansible Tower
• Develop, Implement and manage Ansible playbooks/roles and Chef recipes/cookbooks for new and existing applications, OS software, VMs provisioning, and systems/packages updates
• Install, configure and manage Ansible Towers and components including Job Templates, Projects, and ansible playbooks, roles and inventories, and RBAC assignments.
• Provide architecture and platform support during the project execution, Dry run, and Workload swap events for the DR and subsequent Runbook updates.
• Prepare project/infra documentation and runbooks, share and knowledge transfer with Operations teams
• Work with various teams to install and configure servers as per application requirements including Oracle RAC and other business applications
• OS Platforms: RedHat Linux, Oracle Linux
• Hypervisor/Virtualization: VMware ESX
• Automation/Provisioning: CloudFormation, Ansible Tower, Chef/Puppet, RedHat Satellite
• Scripting/CICD: Bash/Ksh, Perl, Python, Jenkins, PowerShell
• Hardware: HP DLs and Blades, Oracle Exadata, Oracle PCA
• Storage: Hitachi G600/G1500, Oracle ZFS
|Job Category||System Admin|
|Unix and Windows operating systems||8+|
|Python, Ruby, Bash, and Powershell||5-6|