We’re looking for a SQL Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: SQL Developer
Term: 6-month Contract
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1378
Brief description of duties:
Provide the PROD support for the Data Warehouse system. The current PROD support person is retiring in 6 weeks, we need this person to join and start the knowledge transfer, then be able to support the day-to-day Data Warehouse operation, with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for the daily DWH operations running on the IBM DB2 LUW platform
- Review the daily ETL job status and fix any issues that arise.
- Lead the month-end, quarterly report, and year-end processes.
- Conduct root cause analysis, and advise business and DWH team to correct the data and fix the issue.
- Work with multiple IT teams to ensure all the ETL processes with various systems run smoothly as expected.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology, Information Security or equivalent
- 5 to 8 years in Data Warehouse management, family with ETL concept and tools – ETL is very basic, just a schedule jobs running scripts and stored procedure.
- Strong DB2 LUW programing and development skills are mandatory.
- Hand-on experience on various scripting, Linux, Shell, PowerShell.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical groups.
Nice to haves:
- Microsoft SQL Server is a plus.
- Insurance or banking experience
- Experience in the insurance business, understanding the Third Party Deductible in a complex environment is a strong asset.
- knowledge\experience on AS400 and Guidewire Oracle DB is definitely an asset because the data warehouse integrates with those systems through the ETL process.
|Data warehouse Management||5-8|
|DB2 LUW programing and development||5-8|
|Scripting, Linux, shell, PowerShell.||5-6|