We are looking for a Solutions Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Solutions Developer
Term: 12 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid, 2 days a week onsite
Job ID number: C1234
Brief Description of Duties:
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. May report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. A vacancy exists for a senior developer to join the team in the delivery and development of this project and to eventually contribute to future enhancement, support and maintenance post-delivery. Prime responsibility will be to develop detailed design specifications, create and review code and assess impact on other applications. Role will work closely with other team members to ensure consistency in coding standards and approaches and to optimize any synergy and re-use opportunities. Key accountabilities are:
- Responsible for leading technical aspects of project from inception through to deployment. Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions. Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions. Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues. Active participation in issue resolution.
- Provide detailed development estimates to Project Manager for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting.
- Configuration management for the sub projects within the release.
- Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments. May lead code reviews.
- Work closely with System Test Environment Management Team (STEMT) to ensure that environments are fully functional and that builds are properly deployed.
- Participate in development of test strategy, test plans, test cases and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code).
- Provide technical support to business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution.
- Data set up and environment shake down.
- Coaching / mentoring of junior developers.
- Knowledge transfer within group.
- Ensure required documentation is housed in the project repository and that knowledge transfer has occurred to full time staff upon completion of contract term. SKILLS: May require a bachelor’s degree and requires experience in the field or in a related area.
- Previous RSA Archer experience in V6.7 or higher – 8 years
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Leadership skills – being able to work in a team
- Documentation skills
Nice to Have:
- .NET framework including C#, SSIS, SQL