Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Solutions Developer
Term: 6 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid (once or twice a week)
Job ID number: C1254
Brief Description of Duties:
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. May report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. A vacancy exists for a senior developer to join the team in the delivery and development of this project and to eventually contribute to future enhancement, support, and maintenance post-delivery. Prime responsibility will be to develop detailed design specifications, create and review code and assess impact on other applications. Role will work closely with other team members to ensure consistency in coding standards and approaches and to optimize any synergy and re-use opportunities. Key accountabilities are: Responsible for leading technical aspects of project from inception through to deployment. Participate in analysis and system design specification sessions. Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles. Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions. Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues. Active participation in issue resolution. Provide detailed development estimates to Project Manager for development effort as well as weekly status reporting and budget forecasting. Configuration management for the sub projects within the release. Responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment, and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance, and production environments. Participate in development of test strategy, test plans, test cases and testing efforts (unit testing and integration testing of code). Provide technical support to business and testing team during testing phases. Track defects, defect triage and resolution. Data set up and environment shake down.
- Extensive knowledge on data platform architectures on RDBMS, NoSQL, data storage, transformation, access, cataloging, sharing, data mart, data warehouse, business intelligence, advanced analytics, AI/Machine learning solutions
- Experience on Azure, including hands on and detailed architecture level engagements.
- Extensive knowledge of Azure data services such as Data Factory, Databricks, Delta Lake, Azure SQL. Azure certifications are a plus.
- Experience in n-Tier architectures, frameworks, and the ability produce conceptual & logical reference architectures. Ability to create Technology strategy artifacts is an asset.
- Ability to design and define the various integration patterns for APIs and Realtime Events.
- Preferably knowledge and experience with Kafka.
- Experience as either a solutions architect, data architect, integration architect, application architect or enterprise architect in the data domain
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of Financial Services / Banking industry is preferred but not required
- Experience in Agile/Scaled Agile/Scrum methodology is preferred but not required
|Job Category||Solutions Developer|