We are looking for a Solutions Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Solutions Architect
Term: 6 months contract with extension
Location: Hybrid from Toronto – 2 days/week
Job ID number: C1296
Brief Description of Duties:
This position is for an established and productive professional individual contributor in Information Technology, who works independently with minimal supervision. The role supports the Senior Solutions Architects to define and lead the implementation of technology solutions including application design, development and integration of CIS applications. The Solutions Architects partner with clients, project sponsors and business users to understand solution requirements and needs in order to define and document the application and platform design. The Solutions Architects also work with consulting colleagues, take direction from and provide support to Senior Architects to deliver solutions that leverage the design and architecture expertise, and implement those solutions into web portal platforms.
The Corporate Information Solution(CIS) department is looking to hire Senior Solution Architect to support multiple initiatives within our team. This role will work closely with Enterprise Architect, developers and operational staff with a goal of developing workflow software solution. This role will primarily assist with design and development of software, creating Architecture Definition document and defining reusable components for CIS Application portfolio based on the existing architecture assurance process. It is expected that this role will provide technically strong solutions that are aligned with enterprise architecture principles and provide transparency to software development efforts for projects within CIS. Must perform the role and responsibilities with a high level of integrity, ethics and commitment to service excellence.
- A genuine passion for technology and solving problems
A pragmatic approach to software development and delivery
- Provide technical design and software development of workflow process across multiple technology initiatives.
- Responsible for translating high-level and detail-level business requirements into specific design and develop business process workflow automation solution. Requires knowledge across multiple platforms, processes and architectures, as well as broad knowledge of new technologies and will include directing the design and development efforts of less experienced developers.
- Collaborate with project teams to assist in delivery of the solution implementation by providing guidance as needed to application, engineering and operations teams.
- Facilitate and help establish software development standards and best practices.
- Working with other developers and tech leads to construct a repeatable reusable automation workflow enterprise architecture solution that is scalable, adaptable, and in synch with ever-changing business needs.
- Improve software developer productivity and security vulnerability and compliance risk during the software development cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years working in software developer, minimum 2 years’ experience in business rules engine (DMN) and BPM/Case management project.
- Knowledge of Task lifecycle; integration of Business data and form.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud native solution design.
- Hands-on experience with Camunda, BPM, MEAN or MERN, Java stack, python.
- Experience with Agile Framework
- Experience to develop workflow or services for financial application including GL General Ledger journals.
- Understanding in Enterprise, Web and Mobile technologies.
- Proven experience working with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience in application modernization / development (containers, Kubernetes, API’s, microservices, serverless, event sourcing, domain-driven design).
- Hands-on experience with frameworks Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Data
- Comfortable in building REST APIs, Microservices and working with third-party APIs.
- Extensive experience creating reusable components for enterprise-level applications.
- Agility to work across multiple levels of the organization from developers to product owners and senior managers.
- Contribution to open source projects and experience with ML and AI is a plus.
Skills and Attributes:
- Experience managing complex technical requirements across multiple systems and domains in a multi-team technology organization. Highly organized and effective multitasker.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork.
- Powerful communicator, in both verbal and written form, able to articulate concepts and development ideas, break through barriers, engage people, and work effectively with others under pressure.