We are looking for a Solutions Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Solutions Architect
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – three days a week
Job ID number: C1368
Brief Description on Duties
Plan and implement comprehensive technical solutions that meet clients’ business requirements on high-impact projects. Leads the evolution of the enterprise architecture and considers all the business drivers to arrive at the best solution. Lead development of the end to end technical solution architecture for high complexity and high risk IT initiatives. Balance the long-term (or “big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions and apply multiple solutions to business problems. Translate business needs into Enterprise Architecture requirements and identifies organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the EA.
- Assess and analyzes business requirements, current state environment and technology choices to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business sponsor needs
- Define end to end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints
- Analyzes the viability of the solution to meet project timeline, budget and quality
- Identify technical issues and risks and defines mitigation approach
- Develop and present solution alternatives along with recommendations to executives and senior management
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other BS/BA degree with a concentration in computer science or information systems.
- 10+ years experience in financial institutions with expertise in one of the Finance portfolios i.e. Corporate Treasury, Retail and/or Wholesale portfolios, Data Strategy & Architecture, Business Management Office/Operations, US Regulatory Compliance and Business Architecture.
- 10+ years IT experience with experience in delivering/leading solution architecture of a large program from initiation to implementation
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of architecture, application development, application systems design, and integration
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies including Cloud, Containerization/Micro-services, API, Enterprise/Domain Service Bus/Messaging, Micro-Services, Security design, System Integration, Infrastructure, BI & Reporting, Data Science/Deep Learning and AI.
- Exposure with different architecture/design methodologies and frameworks e.g. TOGAF, SOA, Event Driven Architecture, Structured Analysis, component-based design etc.
- Diverse experience with a variety of technologies/approaches/standards specifically data management functions with large data platform i.e. Hortonworks Hadoop, HP Vertica.
Skills and Competencies:
- Leadership skills that can effectively manage small cross-functional technical teams and ability to define the technical direction
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense high-tech environment
- Documentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SMART ATM technologies (preferably experience in migrating legacy ATMs to SMART ATM)
- Experience understanding the infrastructure architecture related to ATM and associated integrations (10+ years)
- Strong experience in software integration technologies – APIs, messaging/Queue, Kafka(10+ years)
- Experience architecting highly scalable infrastructure to support SMART ATM technologies. (10+ years)
- Experience designing performance metrics and dashboard
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all the stakeholders and various internal groups.
- Ability to document and present architecture to stakeholders and seek approvals.
Nice to Have:
- SRE experience associated with SMART ATM technologies and the associated end-to-end flow (define SLI, SLO, and SLA to ensure proactive monitoring)
- Experience with Cards (debit and credit) domain, POS integration