Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Database Administrator
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto/Ottawa – Hybrid 2 days/week
Job ID number: C1331
Brief Description on Duties:
What you’ll do here:
- As a central player within the project teams, facilitate solution definition within the company.
- Participate in product selection when a new digital product or technology is required.
- Participate in the development of standard & patterns definition with other architects.
- Facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Help the enterprise architect define metrics to measure and demonstrate enterprise technology value.
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with digital and marketing application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
- Monitor the current-state claims solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Contribute to the evolution of the claims application portfolio from the future to the current.
- Consult with claims and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Liaise with the business and your team to review solutions.
- Participate in the development of claims roadmaps & strategies.
- Make sure the goals of the business are aligned with the appropriate solutions and that we are making an impact and adding value for our organization.
- Define and document the claims application architectures, jointly with the product tech lead and considering the demands of the projects.
- Act as a technical mentor among the development teams.
- Document claims solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Assist in the development to define business vision and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business constituents: Intact Claims teams, EA team members, project teams and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
What you bring to the table:
- Hands-on working experience architecting Guidewire ClaimCenter solutions, including customization and integration. Guidewire certification is a plus
- University Degree in Information Technology/Software Engineering or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge & architecture experience in, architecture (digital / digital marketing / micro / macro / monolithic services, APIs), application integration, service-oriented architecture, event-driven architecture, application architecture, distributed architecture, data architecture and modelling.
- Demonstrated experience with modelling languages & techniques.
- Can quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Can understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Strong technical background (platforms, languages, protocols, frameworks, open source, etc.).
- Experience in engaging and supporting claims teams and understanding their day-to-day operations in the P&C insurance space.
- Open and transparent – can communicate with the business, infrastructure, security, audit, vendors, and software engineering.
- Driven by challenges and results.
- Organized, proactive and a catalyst for change.
- Knowledge on security best practices and understand the impacts it can have on a business.
- Comfortable working in a constantly evolving technological environment.
- An excellent team player who demonstrates leadership.
- Comfortable speaking with all levels of the organization and different audiences.
- Guidewire ClaimCenter, RESTful APIs, Microservices Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration, Cloud and Hybrid Architecture
- Other technologies of interest: Guidewire Cloud, Salesforce CRM, legacy modernization, CSIO, Kafka, and AWS
Certification and/or experience:
- Guidewire ClaimCenter certifications are a plus
- TOGAF or other architecture certifications are a nice to have
|Job Category||Solution Architect|