Posted 2 months ago
We are looking for a Solution Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: Solution Architect
Term: 6-month – 37.5 hours/week
Job ID number: C1113
Brief description of duties:
- Responsible for assisting with, reviewing and the interpretation of business requirements and objectives
- Develop and maintain application solution and integration architecture
- Develop implementation and transition to production plans
- Oversee development and testing of solutions
- Work closely with business and system analysts, business and technical system users, system developers, integration developers, shared services technology teams and other stakeholders in executing project tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain and enforce best practices to facilitate optimized use of technology, software development, integration and solution design
- Understand various industry standard integration and data transfer technologies in order to assess and apply the best techniques
- Responsible for recommending/designing integration of application systems using ETL, APIs, Web Services and appropriate technologies
- Assist in evaluation and selection of tools and technologies which support business goals
- Support and monitor implementation of new application systems to ensure stability and accuracy of the transition to support
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure alignment with the enterprise
- Provide architectural oversight of projects; ensure requirements are in alignment with technology strategies
This individual is considered subject matter expert in technical integration issues and must possess knowledge and experience to architect solutions that involve cloud-based solutions.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Solution Architecture role or related areas of expertise.
- Work Experience: Previous work experience within large organization’s technology departments for 10+ years, ideally in financial services industry.
- Time Management and Delivery: Must possess and demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to achieve results in a time demanding environment with strong focus on quality and delivery on commitments.
- In depth knowledge and 5-10 years of experience using various integration technologies tools, primarily in the areas of Web Services, Micro-Services, ETL and API integration, preferably with practical development knowledge.
- Exposure to any of the following – SAP FI-CA, SAP FS-CD, Hana, SAP ECC, SAP FPSL, SAP MDG, SAP Ariba, SAP Process Integration/Orchestration, Data Services and Business Warehouse and other Finance systems.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communicator with strong diagramming and presentation skills.
- Practitioner: Must have a solid command of broad and general technical concepts, especially in the area of integration and cloud-based solutions.
- Technical: Practical experience working with various computing technologies based on INTEL, Linux, Oracle with knowledge of SAP technologies.
- Analysis: Must have strong problem-solving skills and apply strong critical analysis to business requirements in the context of application architecture.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse and geographically dispersed teams.
- Team player with strong collaborative approach and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of UML modeling and experience with modeling tools such as Sparx Enterprise Architect is considered an asset
- Deep understanding of Business areas supported by Corporate Technology is a strong asset, e.g. Finance/Accounting, Actuarial, HR, Procurement, Audit, Risk, Compliance and Legal.
- Exposure to Technology platforms for Artificial Intelligence (Robotics, Machine Learning, etc.), Data Science and Big Data, is a plus.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing Technologies: Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP,
- Comfortable with different Architecture Taxonomies, Methodologies and Frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, etc.)
|Job Category||Solution Architect|
|Previous work experience within large organization’s technology departments||10+|