Posted 4 weeks ago
We are looking for a Solution Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Solution Architect
Job ID number: C1066
Brief description of duties:
- Develop, design, configure, test and deployment of new/enhancements of the application including but not limited to, modules, workflows, catalog requests, scripts, reporting, data imports, custom scripting, third-party software integrations, user interface and other ServiceNow platform component.
- Combine business knowledge and analytic insight with programming skills to develop applications while managing business requirements and ensuring all technical deliverables.
- Ensure solution architecture analysis, design and direction on the development activities, with specific emphasis on leading efforts involving Process, Solution Design, and Integration while ensuring technical leadership and assurance of best practices
- Respond to and manage all ServiceNow issues including troubleshooting ServiceNow upgrades, patching, and release management.
- Produce detailed documentation and required training on all relevant work. Maintain up-to-date documentation related to the application administration and configuration.
- Document and support technical architectures that are clearly understood by other architects, developers, and testers
- Manage ServiceNow instances, including the data management, table maintenance, overall security of the platform, configuring Service Level
- Agreements, developing workflows, business rules, UI pages, UI actions, UI policies, catalog items etc. and updates of all other existing solutions requiring revisions
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes, standards, working methods, and tools while ensuring adherence to cording and quality standards.
- Drive out the development and execution of the ServiceNow project activities, working with the project team to define, sequence and estimate duration of project activities and duration of schedule to meet project objectives
- Integrate and architect with other complex systems like Service Cloud (client facing technology), Remedy and other Supplier-based tools that enable the client’s day to day operations
- Envision and enable a long term ServiceNow capabilities outside of IT Service Management and IT Operations Management suites (ie. Customer Service Management, Cloud Management, etc)
- Design and architect ServiceNow CMDB and Discovery Jobs
- Work directly with business clients to understand specific business processes and business drivers and business strategy across a business unit; identifies and communicates resulting future needs and opportunities for business services that can be enabled via ServiceNow, and oversees the technical development, testing and delivery of business solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience as Solution Architect 3-5 years
- Experience (5 years) implementing and supporting ITSM and ITOM suites, including strong skills in Discovery
- Experience (5 years) in Scripting, System Definition, Business Rules, Menus, UI/Forms, UI Actions, Content Management, Imports, Transform Maps, Web Services (SOAP, REST, including cross-browser compatibility), and Notifications (e.g. XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Experience (3-5 years) in Identity Management / Authentication approaches (token, SAML 1.1, SAML 2.0), integrations (LDAP, Active Directory) Single Sign-on using various authentication methods
- ServiceNow Fundamentals and Administrator Certification required
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist in two or more applications required
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer desired
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and a strong personal commitment to quality service
- Ability to organize work as a project and work across multiple projects
- MS platform and scripting knowledge
- SQL server database knowledge
- Canadian Financial industry experience
- Scrum Manager experience
|Job Category||Solution Architect|
|Implementing and supporting ITSM and ITOM suites, including strong skills in Discovery||5|