We are looking for a Solution Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Solution Architect
Term: 6-month -37.5 hours
Job ID number: C1017
Brief description of duties:
- Own the direct-to-consumer video system integrations, working closely with vendors and internal teams
- Support existing and new video workflows, including investigation into internal and external customer issues
- Suggest enhancements to existing to improve customer experience based on investigation into customer issues
- Analyze and evaluate business and technical requirements from RFP/BRD and architect and design the proposed technology solution
- Producing architectural documents that define, describe and specify solutions for committed projects using our core product as the foundational elements. Component diagrams and descriptions, sequence diagrams, and non-functional requirements are examples of the information expected in architectural documents.
- Responsible for delivering architecture material such as Software Architecture, Conceptual Architecture, Logical Architecture, System Architecture, Security Architecture etc.
- Work closely with development teams and external vendors, leading the creation of high-level designs that realize solutions
- Work closely with development managers and project managers to ensure successful delivery of solutions, focusing on ensuring that all committed customer requirements are met and are implemented according to high-level design
- Describe customer requirements and suggested enhancements to our core product teams to enable periodic integration of customer-specific solutions with the core products.
- Present the solution to delivery teams to ensure they understand the end-to-end solution and discover the feasibility of the solution
- Researching new technology and development approaches to remain abreast of current and emerging technologies
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in Software or Solution Architecture, Design and Delivery of large-scale deployments
- 5+ years’ experience software development. (Kotlin, Java, Swift, C#, Gitlab, Maven/ANT, Veracode, Nexus, SonarQube, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit)
- 3+ yrs scripting in infrastructure automation tool and supporting code deployment (Terraform & Ansible, Chef, Juju, AWS CloudFormation)
- 2+ yrs Container application design and implementation.
- 2+ yrs of public cloud (AWS, Azure, SoftLayer).
- 2 years of experience in writing unit and integration tests
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Over-the-Top video (DASH, HLS, MSS, etc.)
- Demonstrate understanding of Broadcast Technologies e.g., SDI
- Demonstrate understanding of Native, Hybrid and Web mobile architectures
- Direct understanding of application lifecycle; SDLC and High availability and Sustained Resiliency
- Ability to consult and build CI/CD DevOps Pipelines (Gitlab CI)
- Demonstrate understanding of modern Web technologies, including widget development, mobile, and emerging digital platforms
- Operational experience, troubleshooting and support, Incident Management (Jira, Service Now)
- Ability to analyze, articulate and solve complex problems
- Familiarity with each of the various UML forms and expertise in the development of use cases, class diagrams, and occasionally state diagrams.
- An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills are a must
|Job Category||Solution Architect|
|Software or Solution Architecture||3+|
|Software development. (Kotlin, Java, Swift, C#, Gitlab, Maven/ANT, Veracode, Nexus, SonarQube, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit)||5+|
|Container application design and implementation||2+|
|Public cloud (AWS, Azure, SoftLayer)||2+|
|Writing unit and integration tests||2|