We’re looking for a Software Test Engineer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Software Test Engineer
Term: 6 months + possible extensions
Location: Remote for now/ Montreal
Job ID number: C1195
- Consult with developers on software and system design in order to facilitate test automation.
- Create, enhance, extend, and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks
- Solve complex automation challenges and work on complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Design and develop automated unit, functional, regression and performance test programs or scripts based on libraries of re-usable test code modules or functions.
- Understand event-driven, API, and other pertinent software architectures and implement industry standards test strategies.
- Develop deep knowledge of systems to see breaking changes.
- Design, develop and maintain supporting Engineering tools
- Work with scrum teams to establish and promote best practices, standards, and processes for automation testing.
- Train test automation engineers on the proper development of automated tests
- Work as a member of an Agile SCRUM team delivering high-quality software in two-week sprints
- Define and document test cases based on user stories
- Participate in design and code reviews associated with test automation development
- Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests
- Effectively interact with interfacing organizations and work together as a team to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Contribute towards team estimation and scheduling process
- Other duties as required
- Work with domain experts and developers to develop and execute test plans
- Fully bilingual: English and French, can understand and communicate Quebecois
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related degree (or equivalent experience)
- 1-3 years of experience in software automated testing and/or development preferred
- Demonstrated programming abilities using Java is required
- Experience with design patterns and OO design as applied to test code and frameworks
- Agile software development processes, software QA and testing methodologies
- Experience with web application test automation tools such as Selenium or Protractor is desirable
- JUnit, TestNG, Spock, or similar Java unit testing framework experience
- Knowledge or experience with Groovy is highly desirable
- Experience with test-driven, behavior-driven or acceptance test-driven development is desirable
- Experience using tools such as Jira, Git, Maven, and Jenkins is desirable
- Proficiency with database technologies such as SQL, MySQL, and MongoDB
- The ability to troubleshoot and analyze; must be able to dig into issues and problems and escalate or solve them appropriately.
- Inclined to work as part of a highly motivated and innovative engineering team and contribute to the business, technical and operational goals of the company.
- Excellent teamwork, time management, and communication skills are a must.
- Ability to understand and test event-driven architectures.
- Ability to work with customers to develop and execute automated test plans.
- Ability to lead and mentor members of the QA team
- Strong programming skills in Java or comparable language
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skills
- Ability to comprehend complexity, to fully understand a product with all of its business and technological implications, and to approach the improvement of its quality from that perspective
- The high degree of efficiency and motivation in work habits in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Committed to meeting testing deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical team members
|Job Category||QA Analyst|
|Software automated testing||1-3|