We’re looking for a Software Engineer Specialist! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Software Engineer Specialist
Term: 6-month Contract – 40 hours
Location: Remote for now – Toronto, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Montreal, London and Winnipeg
Job ID number: C13405
Brief description of duties:
Summary: Responsible for providing high-level consulting services to clients and preparing programming assignments. Designs plans and supervises the implementation of complex, large-scale system projects. Reviews analyze and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing for a complex, large-scale computer system. Assists in supervising the daily activities of the project team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides high-level consulting services to client personnel (e.g., advises client on complex issues involving new regulation, technology or system functionality; evaluates various technical and business solutions and makes recommendations to a client; troubleshoots errors and inefficiencies related to the application(s) and related processes; advises client on technical direction and specific business issues).
• Maintains project estimates and project management timelines for multiple major projects.
• Verifies completeness and accuracy of specifications for multiple major projects to be estimated (e.g., report changes, control file changes, file fixes).
• Determines programming requirements for multiple major projects (e.g., product updates, conversions).
• Researches and designs system modules, program enhancements, and modifications to existing programs or modules.
• Creates documents to communicate complex technical information to audiences of all levels.
• Conducts research and documents findings and recommendations by using analytical problem-solving.
• Provides client support, training, testing, and vendor relations.
• Develops technical designs that will meet system objectives and minimize the impact on operations.
• Maintains and develops online and batch application programs.
• Codes programs that interface with multiple applications.
• Trains new employees on all aspects of an application or system product.
• Develops complex procedural language routines.
• Provides applications development and support and utilizes troubleshooting and diagnostic tools.
• Monitors, measures, and optimizes individual and combined utilization of hardware, software, and telecommunications components.
• Responsible for software installation and maintenance. May act as project leader.
• Develops and implements a disaster recovery plan.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Requires 10+ developer experience in the IT industry and preferably 5+ years in a senior position. At least 2 years’ of experience in the banking/payments industry is preferable.
- Hands-on experience with
Microservices Architecture and design, REST APIs, cloud development, Security, Testing, and deployments in high throughput environments
Java, Kafka, Spring Boot, AWS, EKS(Kubernetes), React, Apigee, Drools
- Exposure to the following is preferred
DevOps environments with a high degree of automation of CI/CD pipelines, build promotions and code quality testing
Exposure to using cloud development, Kubernetes, Dockers and Terraform scripting for deployments in development, QA, and Production
- Exposure to Tech stack is preferred
Docker, Terraform, Helm, MySQL, MongoDB, Quartz
Tools – k3d, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Sonar, Skaffold, etc.
QA- Cucumber, Junit, selenium
|Job Category||Software Developer|