We’re looking for a Software Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Software Developer
Location: Remote, for now,/ Toronto
Job ID number: C1282
Brief description of duties:
- Design and develop features based on the identified requirements
- Implement automated tests to ensure the quality of the feature
- Fix all associated bugs from the feature development
- Develop required steps for the Deployment Runbook
- Support with investigating and fixing Production bugs
- Documentation and knowledge transfer of implemented feature to the existing team
- Translate technical systems specifications into working, tested applications. This includes developing detailed specifications, writing and/or generating frontend and backend code, compiling data-driven programs, maintaining, and conducting automated tests
- Resolve and troubleshoot technical problems which arise during the use and operation of software packages, including technical assistance in implementation, conversion, and migrations;
- Evaluate and determine appropriate architecture, technical specifications, solution design and make recommendations to product management.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to make our applications smarter and reduce friction in the user experience.
- Produce clean, reusable, performant code and maintainable solutions that will enhance the platform’s quality.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot functional and performance issues, implement corrective fixes, preventive fixes, and triage as required.
- Partner with Operations teams to ensure support of developed applications and platforms in all environments.
- Create and maintain code documentation as required.
- Strong experience with full-stack development (with an emphasis on front-end technologies) using: Angular/Aurelia, TypeScript, ASP.NET MVC (C#), SQL
- Strong experience developing within Microsoft Azure (WebJobs, Service Bus, etc.)
- Strong experience developing within an Agile team using Azure DevOps SDLC
- Effective team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technical information in a manner that is understandable
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with HL7 and FHIR
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in application/web development
- Experience working with authenticated, customer-focused applications
- Strong experience with planning and developing API endpoints
- Expert level development skills in the latest Microsoft technology stack (C#, .NET Core), jQuery other popular JS frameworks and libraries, HTML and CSS
- Strong Knowledge of HTTP(s), APIs (Rest/JSON/XML), oAUTH 2.0
- Solid understanding and experience with SPA
- Expert level experience with SQL
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards and WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and coding solutions
- Comfortable with source version control workflow (TFVC, Git)
- Passion for learning the latest technologies and standards
- Self-learner and highly self-motivated
- Creative, solution-oriented, flexible with a positive attitude and a drive for excellence
- Ability to successfully multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
|Job Category||Software Developer|