We are looking for a Software Development! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Software Developer
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – three days a week
Job ID number: C1347
Brief Description on Duties
About this Role:
- Design, develop, and maintain Java applications using Spring Boot framework.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Lead technical discussions and provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Mentor and guide junior developers in best practices, code reviews, and development methodologies.
- Optimize application performance and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies to drive continuous improvement.
- Transform business requirements and research into winning delivery solutions that meet performance goals.
- Rigorously build and test applications.
- Perform systems administration: monitor, configure, back-up, authenticate, tune.
- Aim for defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Contribute to project plans, estimations and status updates.
- Identify issues, develop and maintain processes that address and resolve them, (and be sure to communicate/alert stakeholders as needed).
- Primarily focus on day-to-day activities.
- Make enhancements and troubleshoot.
- Configure and develop custom components with technology partners (analysts, developers, designers etc.) to meet requirements and goals.
- Ensure applications are free of common coding vulnerabilities (and follow standard security practices).
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives (e.g. development, testing solutions, and tools).
- Complete unit and integration testing per standards and design specs.
- Take part in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis.
- Respect TD’s technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines.
- Stay on top of state-of-health monitoring and monthly SLA targets.
- Apply and share technical expertise during incident management life cycle (e.g. analyzes reports and outages, perform impact assessments, facilitate stakeholder communication)
- Java development – 8+ years
- Spring framework (Springboot) – 5 years
- Restapi’s – 5 years
- SQL and NO sql – 5 years
- Strong communication skills
- CICD experience – 2 years
- Angular/ React – 2 years
- Good database knowledge
- Working experience in Agile projects.
Nice to Haves:
- Cloud experience
- OIDC concepts
- Former td experience
|Job Category||Software Developer|