We are looking for a Software Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Software Developer
Term: 6-month – 37.5 hours
Job ID number: C1236
Brief description of duties:
We are looking for a Software Developer who can be described as a self-starter and quick learner who is versatile and can easily adapt to multiple technologies. The successful candidate will thrive on a high-performance team and be an excellent communicator.
- Provide ongoing support for processes in production by identifying the appropriate fix or temporary work around to successfully restore business service in an expedient manner.
- Deliver high-quality services to our Group Customer business partners.
- Innovatively contribute to application defect resolution through the analysis and evaluation of information to render effective decisions. This includes the ability to gather relevant information, utilize various problem-solving tools and methods, draw accurate implications, and demonstrate creativity when reaching decisions or solving problems.
- Participate in collaborative engagements with our Group Customer partners to make recommendations for the design, development, and implementation of critical maintenance enhancements of application solutions to address system defects.
- Keep current on development technologies and processes, to potentially contribute to the identification of continuous improvement opportunities.
- The strong desire and willingness to learn and apply new Software Developer technologies and development languages. This may include legacy systems as well as the support and integration of vendor supplied application solutions.
- The ability to contribute to the success of Group Customer Technology Operations through influence without reliance on authority or position. This includes modeling expected behaviors, demonstrating integrity, building and extending trust, being accountable, and accepting the responsibilities of being a team player.
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline (Computer Science), or a combination of training and experience
- Experience in developing and delivering application solutions from initial design to implementation and support.
- Experience in providing 24/7 on-call support.
- Strong communication skills with technology and business teams.
- The ability to work cooperatively and constructively with others to achieve valued outcomes.
- 5+ years practical experience working as a Software Developer.
- Proven expertise in the following technologies:
- z/OS mainframe environment: DB2, IMS DB, IMS/TM or CICS, PLI, COBOL, JCL
- Experience in the following tools would be an asset:
- Changeman, Compuware tools, CA tools, File-Aid tools
- ServiceNow, Office 365, IBM Data Studio
- Knowledge of IT industry trends and technologies
|Job Category||Software Developer|