We’re looking for a Software Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Software Developer
Term: 12-month Contract – Toronto
Location: Remote for now
Job ID number: C1008
Brief description of duties:
- Responsible for interfacing web portals with other supporting systems (pension management system, document management system, workflow/case management system, etc.)
- Responsible for providing solutions using Microservices architecture and should be capable of designing & coding robust scalable and loosely coupled components
- Participate in project delivery process, research, and recommend new solutions
- Apply Microservices architecture and design principles consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios
- Capable of defining, creating, and integrating high scale, large volume RESTful web services
- Write unit tests, mocks, participate in code reviews
- Effectively communicate with project team members, stakeholders, and other IT teams such as application development, middleware, and infrastructure teams.
- Enforces processes around development methodologies including continuous integration (TFS/Jenkins), static code analysis, test coverage, etc.
- Architecting ORM framework
- Should have good exposure to JSON handling frameworks
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related field
- Strong understanding of HTTP fundamentals and developing RESTful API services
- C#. NET/.NET Core, ASP.Net Core MVC (or equivalent .NET framework experience)
- Solid Java 8 knowledge
- Familiar with database management systems (SQL Server and Oracle 12c)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Object-Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, refactoring, clean code…
- Experience with using one or more JS frameworks – KendoUI, Angular, React, RequireJS, SystemJS or Webpack
- Experience working with CMS platforms, such as Kentico, Umbraco, Drupal, etc.
- Strong communication skills to articulate proposed solutions and concisely provide recommendations to business stakeholders
- Microservices design/development experience required to integrate web applications with products built by 3rdparty vendors
- Experience with Security technologies such as X.509 certificates and mutual authentication, tokens (OAuth2, SAML, Kerberos, LTPA, etc)
- Experience with Client facing Applications (HTTP/S, SNI, sessions, cookies, authentication, and authorization, SSO, etc)
- Understanding of DevOps deployment processes and technologies; Docker, Jenkins, etc.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in interfacing with Laserfiche and Jira is a plus
- Banking/Financial background is a plus
|Job Category||Software Developer|
|CMS platforms, such as Kentico, Umbraco, Drupal||3-4|
|Client facing Applications||3-4|