Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Software Architect
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Fully Remote
Job ID number: C1330
Brief Description on Duties:
Story Behind the Need:
• The GTEP – Global Platform Engineering team contributes to the overall success of the Global Technology Services in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. The team is looking for a Cloud Automation Tools Engineer/Architect to support and maintain the functionality of their cloud operations.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within Scotiabank. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You will get to work within the GTS team with over 1,800 people located in 15 countries, our primary locations are in Toronto and Mexico.
Typical Day in Role:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Proven record of supporting complex IT systems with strong experience in system administration, development and operations. Develop. automation services, systems integrations and pipelines implementation for the developed products
- Strong Administration background in RedHat Linux, Windows Operating Systems and VMware vSphere Virtualization technologies
- Hands on Experience with Azure and GCP Cloud Platforms administration
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using PowerShell, Bash & Python
- Experienced with RedHat Satellite and Micrsoft WSUS
- Configuration Management knowledge preferably with SaltStack, Ansible or similar tool
- Familiar with Infrastructure as a Code (IaC) delivery pipelines using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Git, and Artifactory
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- 10+ years of hands-on technical administration experience with both RHEL 8.x / 9.x administration & Windows 2019 & 202 administration
- 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience with automation and scripting tools (e.g., Python, PowerShell & Bash)
- 5+ years’ experience with Azure and / or GCP Platforms
- 5+ years’ experience with RedHat Satellite and MS-WSUS technologies
- 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience in the use of Configuration Management & Automation tools (e.g., SaltStack, Ansible or similar)
- Experience in Infrastructure as a Code (IaC) delivery pipelines using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Git, and Artifactory is preferred
- Working knowledge with Networking, Storage and Security concepts, technologies and operational experience is preferred
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
- Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently with minimal direction.
|Job Category||Software Architect|