We are looking for a Senior Solution Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Senior Solution Architect
Term: 6-month – 40 hours
Location: Toronto – Hybrid on-site 2 days a week
Job ID number: C1042
Brief description of duties:
As the Sr. Solution Architect, you will lead the solution design, build, and system Implementation from ideation to production release with strategic end-to-end Architecture across Business, Technology & Data. You will seek out and deliver innovative solutions on cloud-based infrastructure and implement application build, systems, and data integration to produce a high-performance and scalable product. You will play a key role in building the end-to-end solution design, marrying best-in-class data & technology architecture to serve the business needs with a robust target state for all future large programs. You will drive solutions that complement the IT vision and strategies and actively advocate technologies that best support in meeting its current and future business needs.
- Lead the project in an architecture and solution design capacity from vendor RFPs to end-to-end implementation.
- Provide strong communication across the business and technical community to detail the technical architectural direction.
- Utilizes a strategic approach to resolve business problems, identifying ways to maximize productivity, improve quality, create efficiency and reduce costs.
- As a technical SME, assess vendor technology fit to meet business function and non-functional requirements, system integration, and data integration.
- Recommend and facilitate technical POC based on business requirements to assess and provide early identification of technology risks, application performance, and gaps for integration into eco-system.
- Implement integration with external/internal investment systems leveraging modern cloud technologies and tools on an event-driven architecture.
- Provide solution design for systems implementation, API integration, and data integration, detailing technical specifications.
- Guide technical development and advise on best practices for SDLC, release & change management.
- Optimize the technology infrastructure for efficiency and scalability, including performance tuning services and code.
- Be a strong change agent, balancing future vision with collaborative style to achieve optimal results.
- Help create DevOps practices for continuous integration and delivery, with testing and deployment automation.
- Assist with the oversight of the implementation of various initiatives, owning the quality and effectiveness of the solution.
- Assist with evaluating technology trends and assess for fit based on cost/benefit analyses.
- 10+ years of experience in architecture/change teams, with expert knowledge, experience, and understanding of architecture, design, integration, and optimization with large systems.
- Azure Cloud development experience, leveraging SaaS approach.
- Experience with building Web API in object-oriented language
- Previous implementation of investment applications (PREFERRED: Eagle, InvesTran, eFront, SimCorp)
- Experience with system integration, building reports, data warehouse, and APIs for investment data
- Perfect communication – written and verbal
|Job Category||Solution Architect|
|Azure Cloud development||5+|
|Building Web API in object-oriented language||5+|