We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: Senior Data Engineer
Term: 6-month – 40 hours/week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid on-site 2-days a week
Job ID number: C1123
Brief description of duties:
This role will lead enhancements requested by Investment business partners, including Front Office, Investment Risk, and Investment Operations. They will be providing occasional production support to their core investment data warehouse.
- As a key member of the data platform design committee, set guidelines, standards, and best practices for new project initiatives across development and data management teams.
- Design and implementation of data and technology infrastructure for new data and analytics platform with Azure data stack
- Design and build data solutions for distributed ETL processing for all data ingestion into the data platform (dimensional layer) with scalable and usable data pipelines.
- Be the primary liaison and owner for data projects, technical backlog, and managing the delivery solutions with business stakeholders.
- Oversee and build custom web APIs using Azure Function Apps to integrate with external services
- Oversee and develop complex SQL for ETL and data extractions with high-performing and easy-to-manage code.
- ETL with Azure Data Factory experience, with strong experience building Dimensional data warehouses
- Expert in SQL – development from transformation perspective, writing complex SQL queries, views, and procedures
- Strong experience cloud data platforms with Azure data solutions including
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Synapse
- Azure Analysis Service
- Azure Function App
- Build processes (plan, design, and implement enhancements end-to-end)
- Independent worker needing very little guidance after being trained on framework
- Flexible and accommodating with work being done – learn existing practice/framework, can enhance and work with it
- Strong communication skills, friendly, creative
Nice to haves:
- Power BI experience with DAX programming
- .Net/C# experience
- Capital Markets, Investments, Banking
|Job Category||Data Engineer|
|ETL with Azure Data Factory||5+|