Senior Data Architect/Data Modeler
We are looking for a Senior Data Architect/Data Modeler! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Senior Data Architect/Data Modeler
Term: 6-month – 40 hours
Location: Toronto – Hybrid, 2 days a week
Job ID number: C1036
Brief description of duties:
The Data Architect/Modeler will plan, design, and implement enhancements requested by Investment business partners to their investment systems. This includes Front-Office, Investment Risk, and Investment operations. The strategies are mandated together as a pool: upstream from investment system and carried downstream. There are ETL changes to be made, including reporting.
The Data Architect/Modeler will need to incorporate new clients to be onboarded into the systems. The requirements will be to automate the processes that they receive. They will lead full-time staff in supporting the cloud-based infrastructure for the data pipeline and analytics development and data platforms to produce high-performance and scalable solutions. They will be responsible for establishing best practices, new technologies, and architecture and will also act as a mentor and guide within the development team.
- As a key member of the data platform design committee, set guidelines, standards, and best practices for new project initiatives across development and data management teams.
- Lead design and implementation of data and technology infrastructure for new data and analytics platform with Azure data stack
- Lead design and build data solutions for distributed ETL processing for all data ingestion into the data platform with scalable and usable data pipelines.
- Be the primary liaison and owner for data projects, technical backlog, and managing the delivery solutions with business stakeholders.
- Oversee and build custom web APIs using Azure Function Apps to integrate with external services
- Oversee and develop complex SQL for ETL and data extractions with high-performing and easy-to-manage code.
- Build and design complex Power BI Dashboards and reporting solutions.
- Data Architecture and Data Modeling
- Lead Data engineers
- Master Data Management
- Experience with;
- Data Factory
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Analysis Service
- Azure Synapse
- Azure Function App
- .Net/C# development with API in Azure Function App OR Power BI experience with DAX
- Strong communication skills, ability to lead a team, build processes (plan, design, and implement enhancements end-to-end), creative
Nice to haves:
- Capital Markets, Investments, Banking
|Job Category||Data Architect|
|Data Architecture and Data Modeling||8+|
|Lead Data engineers||8+|