We are looking for a Senior API Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: Senior API Developer
Term: 12-months – 37.5 hours/week
Location: Toronto – Remote
Job ID number: C1133
Brief description of duties:
- Experienced API Platform Developer
- Deep knowledge in Azure’s many services and components
- Be able coordinate other developers and interact with many other Dev teams (customer)
- Assist with the rebuild of the client’s API platform from an older Azure architecture to a new secure Azure architecture. The core design has been done and the core infrastructure will be built by another team; the work will be to verify that the integration area in the new architecture is ready to build in and can host the existing APIs.
- Migrate the APIs and supporting frameworks that the integration team currently owns on behalf of the client to the new platform built in 1) above.
- Migrate the client API Developer portal to a new version of the Microsoft product. This is used by the client and is going off support in 2023; we need to migrate to this before we are off support.
- Lead the adoption of SCA (Software Component Analysis), SAST (Static Application Security Testing) and DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing).
- Provide ongoing operational support for the platform (platform health checks, responding to security events, assisting with incidents, assisting with deployments and API virtualization).
- Provide expert advice on how to architect / build APIs in Azure leveraging technologies available in the Microsoft Azure environment.
- Build some APIs that the client requires leveraging C# and the integration platform that has been built above.
- Provide knowledge transfer to internal the client employees or a successor. Knowledge transfer would be documentation of what was done and / or sessions conducted to walk through code / deliverables.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in building platforms in Microsoft Azure including experience in leveraging Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Application Service Environment (ASE), Web Application Firewalls, API Management, resource groups etc.
- A minimum of 5 years with C# asp.net 4.7 webforms website and API and .net core 6 Azure Functions (v4) building secure, maintainable (leverage logging frameworks, monitoring, and alerting appropriately), and testable integration code including building unit tests and working with automated test suites.
- Demonstrated ability to work with .net, Azure Functions, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Service Bus, and secure APIs using, but not limited to, Oauth and X509.
- Demonstrated practical experience in building reusable APIs in a Hybrid Cloud environment (Hybrid Cloud defined as: a solution where part of the infrastructure is in Microsoft Azure and the rest is in the EDC data center) and pure Cloud environment.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage Azure API Management to virtualize REST APIs and to support existing SOAP services written using legacy technology (ie REST/json and SOAP/xml endpoints).
- Demonstrated ability to leverage CI/CD pipelines for automated builds and deployments. Including the following
- Have leveraged static code analysis tools such as Snyk and SonarQube to measure code quality
- Have leveraged Mend (aka WhiteSource) for managing open source dependencies.
- Demonstrated experience with Azure DevOps for use in managing code and boards as part of an Agile scrum team
- Demonstrated use of Azure Application Service Environment to deploy APIs on Azure.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and operations of integration platforms specifically to take proactive steps to determine if there are unreported issues or performance issues that are going undetected.
- Experience in leading the tracing the root cause of issues reported by platform users leveraging ServiceNow, MS Teams, email, audit log files or other tools.
- Have led taking corrective measures to resolve defects (including but not limited to new unit test cases, corrected source code, deployed fix).
- Experience in integration design patterns and practices including API virtualization, event driven architecture and long running asynchronous processing.
- Familiar with Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory (including but not limited to B2B and B2C implementations).
|Job Category||API Developer|
|C# asp.net 4.7 webforms website and API and .net core 6 Azure Functions (v4)||5|
|Building platforms in Microsoft Azure including experience in leveraging Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Application Service Environment (ASE), Web Application Firewalls, API Management, resource groups||5|