We are looking for a Security Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Security Analyst
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Toronto– Hybrid – three days a week
Job ID number: C1371
Brief Description on Duties
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: The Security Engineering & Deployment team contributes to the overall success of the Security Platform Engineering Operations in Canada and Globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. We are an engineer team that builds and implements internal Bank systems, with the responsibility of managing and maintaining these systems.
Project: The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for implementing and deploying infrastructure to scan unstructured data. Responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of complete technology solution for projects supporting highly complex Physical and Cloud based platforms and applications with complex network integration needs across multiple environments. Define business/technical requirements, development specifications, system performance objectives and identifying system modifications. Working with system architects to transition solutions to steady state, by documenting support process, road maps, capacity planning and maintenance schedules.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within our bank. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You will work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top cybersecurity and technology companies around the world.
Typical Day in Role:
- Deploying and setting up servers and scanners; building clusters
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of complete technology solution for projects supporting highly complex Physical and Cloud based platforms and applications with complex network integration needs across multiple environments.
- Define business/technical requirements, development specifications, system performance objectives and identifying system modifications.
- Working with cyber automation and technology assessment teams for back-end and front-end integration.
- Maintain and encourage expert knowledge of industry-standard back-end technologies
- Security and encryption concepts, protocol, and best practice.
- Application infrastructure and architectures; testing and code management.
- DevOps, API Scripting, Linux, AIX, Windows, VM environment.
- Google and Azure Cloud concepts, Jenkins pipelines, GIT Tools, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with our bank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
- 10+ years of technical working experience as an IT Security Analyst
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Enterprise Linux and Windows operating systems (Deploying and setting up servers and scanners)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Common Network Protocols (TCP/UDP/HTTP/FTP)
- Experience with Data Discovery solutions (Any tool is accepted)
- Experience/Knowledge of Cloud (GCP, Azure)
- CISSP or any Security Certification is an asset
- Experience with Jenkins pipelines, GIT Tools, Kubernetes, Docker
- Building and maintaining Kubernetes infrastructure and developing Docker
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
- Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently with minimal direction.