Posted 3 months ago
We are looking for a SAS Administrator! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: SAS Administrator
Term: 9-month contract – 35 hours
Location: Toronto, Montreal and St. John’s
Job ID number: C1084
Brief description of duties:
We are looking for a Senior IT Technical Advisor – SAS and BI, for our D&A Enterprise data warehouse and SAP BO services offer.
The consultant will be
- Accountable for planning support for SAS and Business Objects 4.3 environments including data processing and assigning tasks to provide this support.
- Identifies solutions that will help achieving D&A data vision and objectives using your knowledge of data integration of SAS and other tools or database software like Oracle. You will deliver complex and large-scale projects involving many areas of the business.
- You will participate in the continuous improvement of processes by bringing ideas, best practices, improved processes on SAS and BI in general.
- You will play a key role in identifying, communicating and mitigating risks, issues and decisions throughout the lifecycle as well, comparing various options based on feasibility and impact, and proposing action plans and roadmaps
- You will work in partnership with the D&A development teams, Data Lab and the IS teams to set up and support the implementation of continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) processes for the new Cloud platform
- You will participate in the improvement of the main data quality processes to execute them with simplicity, speed, quality and efficiency
- You will apply the best practices and guidelines of the organizational and departmental change management process in relation to data warehouses
Your main assets:
- You have 8-10 years of experience in administrating and supporting SAS Production and development environments
- You have experience in setting up and operationalizing SAS environments
- Your have an extended understanding of SAS data integration flows and concepts
- You have experience in administrating and supporting Business Object environments
- A real interest in understanding how a system works, regardless of its complexity
- An understanding of distributed systems and simultaneous computing is an asset
- The use of critical reasoning to address complex challenges
- Your ability to excel in a rapidly changing environment
- Your communication and collaboration skills
- Your desire to learn and your insatiable curiosity
Your mandatory skills:
- SAS 9 Intelligence Platform (SAS 9.4, 9.2)
- Languages | SAS, SQL, VBA, UNIX Script, HTML, BASH, Shell Scripting,
- Platforms | UNIX Linux, AIX, Windows Server
- Middleware Servers | IBM WebSphere, Tomcat.
- Databases | Oracle, SAS SPDS, Teradata.
- BI Software | SAS, Business Object,
|Administrating and supporting SAS Production and development environments||8-9|