Posted 1 month ago
We are looking for a Quality Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract to hire
Title: Quality Engineer
Term: 12-months – 40 hours/week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid 2-days a week on-site
Job ID number: C1151
Brief description of duties:
- Experienced working professional role providing specialized testing planning, design, automation and execution services
- Solid debugging and problem-solving skills – solving moderately complex problems
- Supports the introduction and adherence to new / advanced techniques and approaches in testing and automation (e.g. BDD, Rapid Software Testing)
- Foundational experience in software configuration and code management
- Intermediate expertise in build / code / release management to enable defect avoidance
- Solid business and technology acumen, works with other stakeholders to identify opportunities to benefit the Bank and / or introduce operational improvements
- Ability to drive work efforts related to moderately complex applications / systems / projects within one product line / business
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance and direction
- Collaborative team player
- Future focused – foresees issues and gaps and identifies industry trends
- Sr. QE with 5-7 years experienced in QE Lead/Coordinator and hands on Java/selenium Automation for the Web based application feature and integration of the multiple application feature for the E2E test
- Out of 5-7 years of experience at least 2-3 Years of experience in hands on Web base application automation using BDD Cucumber Automation framework
- Good knowledge in Rest Assured API testing and Jenkins integration for continuous testing. Experience of API and Jenkins integration is an added advantage.
- Have good experience and knowledge on Waterfall/Incremental (primary) and Agile methodology (secondary) Test process, Test artifacts, Testing
- Milestones and Defect Life cycle process
- Should be able to the importance of Test Strategy and Test plan and prepare the same to drive E2E Test approach.
- Be proactive and collaborate with Business and Technology to understand/clarify the BRD and Solution response document for Test planning and Test scenario/Test case identification with different data combinations for full test coverage.
- Be proactive to identify the risk / issues, outstanding clarifications and identify the mitigation with action owner to resolve it.
- Be a self driver to coordinate the testing to meet the planned completion data and for the successful go with zero P/P2 production issues.
- Collaborate with Business to understand the Business acceptance test coverage required and develop automation script/test it during the SIT/E2E Test phase
- Experience in Test data identification and automation the test data generation.
- Experience in testing payment processing/settlement processing for Financial institution will be added bonus.
- Experience in identifying Test Environment request, understanding different Test Environment and needs, facilitate with the TS partner stakeholders for successful environment setup and testing.
- Good collaboration with Business and Technology team and proactiveness in identifying the testable requirement, test data, test case review and approval.
- Quality Engineer experience
- Automation testing experience
- Experience waterfall and Agile
- Experience Java, Selenium and BDD Cucumber
- Preparing test plans, triaging defects
- End to end application integration test, functional testing experience
- Proactive to identify risk issues and mitigation plan
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborate with Business to understand the Business acceptance test coverage
Nice to have:
- Credit application experience
|Job Category||QA Engineer|
|Waterfall and Agile||2|
|Java, Selenium and BDD Cucumber||2|
|Preparing test plans, triaging defects||2|