We’re looking for a QA Delivery Lead! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: QA Delivery Lead
Location: Remote, for now,/ Toronto, Mississauga, London, and Etobicoke
Job ID number: C1277
Brief description of duties:
- Act as a key point of contact for all QA-related matters, provide QA services, and coordinate work for QA analysts both local and remote.
- Represent QA team in program-level meetings and provide technical expertise.
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to QA analysts on existing and next-generation QA activities.
- Lead all efforts involving QA processes in SDLC within the Lifeco team. This includes working hands-on with existing CI frameworks, test execution configuration, test execution reporting, and managing defects lifecycle.
- Work towards the improvement of formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Interpret business requirements and business rules related to Lifeco environments and translate them into test scenarios.
- Work closely with the rest of the product development team to report, reproduce, and resolve defects\bugs.
- Drive the creation of next generation testing frameworks, test automation, CI, release techniques, and test infrastructure to improve on testing and to increase the speed of release cycles.
- Design and document testing activities in formal test plans, test suites, and test runs.
- Create time estimates for QA testing activities.
- Contribute to an environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent degree required.
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated experience in IT environments
- Minimum 5+ progressive leadership experience related to both projects and teams. The team might be up to 10 QAs, coordinating testing for about 10 projects
- Define QA Best Practices to deliver the project
- Be QA Environment Owner – define the role/responsibilities of the “owner” of the Group Customer QA environments
- Orchestration – identify all processes that move data or interact with the systems in some way (batch jobs, ETL’s, APIs, etc). Define a way for QA staff to manage these jobs (eg, a way to run the jobs on an Adhoc basis)
- Environment Assignment Management – define a way to manage the use of QA environments (eg, a way to identify who is using what environment, and for what purpose
- 3+ years of experience with leading standard quality assurance processes and methodologies within IT projects including but not limited to white/gray/black-box testing, unit testing, functional testing, regression testing, and integration testing.
- Expert knowledge of UI, APIs, and RESTFUL services testing.
- Proficient in project management including risk management techniques.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and problem-solving with paying attention to details.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Expert knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies and best practices.
|Job Category||QA Analyst|
|Leading standard quality||3+|
|UI, APIs and RESTFUL services testing.||3+|
|Trouble-shooting and problem-solving with paying attention to details||3+|
|Agile/Scrum methodologies and best practices||3+|