Type of Employment: Contract
Title: QA Automation Lead
Term: 6 months contract with extension
Location: Hybrid from Toronto – 2-3 days/week
Job ID number: C1301
Brief Description on Duties:
The QA Automation Solution Consultant will be dedicated to developing routine tests both manual and automated, designing, coordinating, and tracking the testing effort. This position requires deductive reasoning, attention to detail, grit, patience, and creativity. The QA Automation Solution Consultant will work with Developers, testers, and Product Managers to analyze, develop, maintain, and execute quality assurance testing procedures.
Provides advice on the testing strategy, test plans, the selection of testing tools, and the identification of resources required for testing.
Helps with the transition from old frameworks to newer technology and tools to be used, while suggesting best practices and ideas for implementing such tools (e.g., Selenium, Jira, Zephyr)
QA Automation Solution Consultant will be responsible for the implementation of the new framework using the tools mentioned above.
Plans and organizes testing efforts for large systems in Graphical User Interface (GUI) and non-graphical User Interface (GUI) environments, including the execution of systems integration tests, specialized tests, and user acceptance testing (e.g., stress tests)
QA Automation Solution Consultant is responsible for the creation of new test scripts and test cases and executing these against the various components. QA Automation Solution Consultant will work with the testing lead and IT lead of each project as well as the project team members in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and ongoing support of the required systems.
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; organizational, creativity and perseverance skills; verbal and written communication skills; and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a track record of meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of one or more automated testing tools
- Meaningfully contribute to test strategies, test automation, performance benchmarking, integration testing and threat modelling.
- Steer and support product integrity through solid partnerships with the Product Management, Design, Development and Delivery team.
- Experience in planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts at the specified experience level
- Knowledge of structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications
- Knowledge and experience in the use of computer-aided software Engineering (CASE) tools and data query tools to aid in the development of test cases.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of automated test tools and version control systems on one or more platforms
- Experience executing functional tests, non-functional tests and systems-level integration tests
- Experience supporting user acceptance testing and participating in UAT activities
- Experience with quality assurance principles, practices, tools and structured methodologies
- Experience creating testing strategy documentation, test plans, test cases and test data for various types and phases of testing, including technical and business functional validation
- Experience in quality assurance and testing, including unit testing, integration testing, load testing, performance testing, etc.
- Experience in the use of information retrieval packages
- Knowledge and understanding of testing methods in an object-oriented environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards.
- Experience planning and organizing testing efforts for both large and small systems.
- Experience coding automated test scripts to produce sets of automated tests cases
- Experience testing Commercial Off-the-Shelf Applications (COTS)
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Business Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills – 35%
- Work with stakeholders (internal and external) across the program to develop clearly defined epics and user stories.
- Gather information on client problems, services and business goals/objectives
- Help the program understand their needs and translate to design models and concepts
- Evaluate requirements and review options for a solution, assess cost/benefit of options, evaluate alternative conceptual systems designs and potential impact of proposed system changes on existing service delivery
- Recommend approaches and discuss with team and stakeholders
- Translate from technical terminology to business terms
Technical Knowledge and Expertise – 35%
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Previous experience/knowledge working with automation tools, Browser stack & and cloud device solutions.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC – Waterfall and Agile. Experience working in waterfall and agile teams in a QA function.
- Hands-on experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Selenium, Jenkins and SQL
- Excellent communication skills to address all project-related issues and conflicts within the quality assurance testing cycle.
- Basic Coding experience on at least one scripting/programming language. Clear coding basics and ability to work with databases. Knowledge on SQL and ability to write simple to medium complexity Queries
- Experience in conceptual design of enterprise data warehouses and extensive experience in data management supporting development teams – working on requirements gathering and design documentation
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS Financial Suite (GL, AP, AR, Cash Management, Fixed Asset) and Curam applications (Java-based programming)
- Advanced technical knowledge of enterprise data warehousing (in Azure platform), large hardware and software operations and utilities, productivity tools, online processing systems, web-based technologies and database management systems
- Knowledge of front-end, web-based technologies and data mining/reporting-based COTS tools encompassing feasibility studies, requirements definition, analysis, prototyping, system design, implementation, testing and maintenance (Nice to have)
- Provide consultation on source-to-target mapping to ensure business and technical alignment
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, familiarity with ITIL Processes for Change/Release Management, relational database technologies, and use of information retrieval packages using SQL and other query languages.
- Knowledge of emerging IT trends and technologies – cloud computing, enterprise data warehousing, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and relevant guidelines
Organizational and Project Management Skills – 15%
- Plan, develop, manage, control projects and resolve complex technical design problems
- Knowledge of project management and in-depth knowledge of task estimation, scheduling and control
- Development of documentation and materials as part of a review and knowledge transfer to other members
- Development of specific activities as part of a review (hand over to ministry staff) and building block approach which, builds on knowledge transfer and skills development from the previous stage to the next
Communication and Interpersonal Skills – 15%
- Gather information, clarify needs and desired system changes, explain system development recommendations, explain and provide instruction on new/modified systems and technology
- Prepare business cases, systems documentation, user manuals and guidelines
- Clarify and discuss systems development options with clients
|QA Automation Lead