We are looking for a QA Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: QA Analyst
Term: Contract – 4 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – 2 days a week
Job ID number: C1359
Brief Description on Duties
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also the opportunity to work with cross functional teams. The candidate will be working hands on with some of the latest banking technologies and forward thinking in fast paced environment.
Typical Day in Role:
- Perform testing for assigned projects by reviewing project documentation, preparing test documentation and executing test activities for multiple, parallel initiatives.
- Perform various types of testing including Functional testing, Accessibility testing, User Interface testing, Cross-browser & Cross-device testing across desktop, mobile devices and tablets, Content testing, URL redirection testing, and Regression testing.
- Complete Quality Assurance deliverables on time, as per the schedule.
- Report defects in defect tracking tool and work closely with the team so that solutions can be determined, prioritized and scheduled.
- Provide regular status updates and call out risks and issues to release and project timelines.
- Provide inputs for root cause analysis of post-production issues and plan to prevent them in future.
- Have in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the organization’s products, applications, systems, environments, processes and tools.
- Learn and leverage new tools and methodologies for Quality Assurance, on a continuous basis.
- Assist with initiatives to streamline QA processes and implement best practices.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience, with demonstrated proficiency in testing websites on desktop and mobile devices (responsive view of page), web and mobile apps (Android and iOS) (vs. those have tested software or SAP applications)
- 5 + years of combined experience in Functional testing, User Interface testing, Cross-browser and Cross-device testing, Content testing and Regression testing
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), accessibility testing methodologies and tools – demonstrated by work in at least 2 recent projects
- 3+ years of experience testing websites with AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) – preference will be given to these candidates
Soft Skills Required:
- Have detail-oriented approach to testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner with an appetite to learn what’s behind simple and complex financial solutions
- Candidate must be comfortable working as part of a team and encourage both individual and collaborative innovation
- Ability to work in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Positive and resilient personality – Able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred
- Certifications: All preferred (e.g. ISTQB or related)
Best VS. Average Candidate:
- Ideal candidate has the strong manual testing technical skills required but would also be a great team fit and has strong soft skills; recent experience with AEM and accessibility, as well as having strong recent QA experience in web and mobile testing, will set them apart from the average candidate
|Job Category||QA Analyst|