We’re looking for a QA Analyst! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: QA Analyst
Term: 12-month Contract
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1045
Brief description of duties:
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent degree required.
- Act as a key point of contact for all QA-related matters in a product development setting, providing QA services, and conducting manual and automated testing.
- Work closely with the rest of the product development team to provide testing to the software delivery process within a distributed team.
- Interpret business requirements and business rules related to Canada Life environments and translate them into test scenarios.
- Drive the creation of next-generation testing frameworks, test automation, continuous integration, release techniques, and test infrastructure to improve on testing and to increase the speed of release cycles.
- Design and document test automation activities in formal test plans, test suites, and test runs.
- Coordinate the end-to-end integration testing effort across distributed systems.
- Work towards the improvement of formal test automation processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Create time estimates for test activities.
- Contribute to an environment of continuous learning and improvement.
- Practical experience testing distributed software systems.
- Practical experience with continuous integration and testing frameworks (g. Postman, SoapUI, Jenkins, Bamboo, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, JMeter, NodeJS).
- Hands-on experience with UI, APIs, SOAPand RESTful services testing.
- Solid understanding of application-based solutions, WSDL/XML/JSON, ETL, and event-based technologies.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence collaboration tools.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within a distributed team.
- Proficiency in testing API, ETL, and event-based solutions.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and problem-solving with attention to detail.
- Experience designing test strategies and coordinating work efforts on multiple projects.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and best practices.
|Job Category||QA Analyst|