We are looking for a Python Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Python Developer
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – once a week
Job ID number: C1364
Brief Description on Duties
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on critical high throughput systems that deal with large scale operations
Typical Day in Role:
- Design, develop and implement applications and solutions to support Global Banking and Markets client data processing, reporting and analytics.
- Work within a Python and shellscript ecosystem to design and deliver complex software components and applications.
- Analyze complex business requirements and transform them into robust technical specifications.
- Start day with a scrum call to give updates to the team, call out blockers and concerns (Developers, BAs, QAs)
- Bi-weekly sprint planning calls
- Writing code and developing based on Jira Assignments
- Working on optimization and improvement of legacy platform (primarily rewriting existing code)
- Conduct code review
- Use algorithm and data structure knowledge to identify and solve problems independently
- Almost completely back-end work
Must Have Skills:
- 8+ years’ experience using a relevant tech stack
- 5+ years’ experience with Python
- 5+ years’ experience with Bash Shell Scripting
- 5+ years’ experience with Linux
- Apache Airflow experience is an asset
- Django/ Flask/ Python framework experience is an asset
- Relational database experience is an asset
- Recent projects working with Kafka
- Redis is an asset
- Problem Solving
- Team player, strong team component
Best vs Average: Seeking a resource with 8+ years’ overall experience, who is strong in Python, shell scripting, and Linux. Of nice to have skills, Airflow experience will be prioritized in resume review. Candidates should be able to independently identify and solve problems (algorithm and data structure knowledge needed).
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field required
Candidate Review & Selection:
- Structure and Format: MS Teams Interviews (60 mins each)
- First round: Hour-long video interview with a codility/google sheet segment to be completed with a member of the team (will have time to complete a task and explain their code when they circle back with the interviewer)
- Second round with HM + potential panel (developers). Live coding assessment will mostly be coding in any language of their choice (Python, Java, etc.) and solving problems.
- Candidate will be required to share their screen during both interviews