We are looking for a Python Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Python Developer
Term: 6 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid once a week on-site
Job ID number: C1263
Brief Description of Duties:
- Performing peer reviews, including refactoring existing application code to meet standardization and quality requirements.
- Building net new code encompasses about 80% of responsibilities.
- Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
- Take ownership and responsibility of development of products onboarding to the trading platform and be efficient with sizing and estimates for development.
- Design and develop software programs using Python for Quant Management team
- Work extensively with algorithms and operations of software along with our Quant/GAFE Team
- Build Application for front office.
- Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, and security.
- Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
- Participates as technical or business consultant in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new packaged solutions or significant enhancements to existing applications. Exposure to complete SDLC, start to finish.
- Leverage industry best practices & writing clean minimalistic code.
- Generate technical specifications of design and updating confluence.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment to work with Quants and Traders.
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
Must Have Skills:
- Strong Python Development: 10+ years of design and development experience using Python (Version 2.7 and above) and hands-on experience and in dept knowledge of standard python libraries.
- Experience processing large volumes of data using PySpark, Pandas, and/or NumPy.
- Experience with Python frameworks such as Django, Flask, requests. etc.
- Experience in Object-oriented programming and Agile Development Methodology.
- Experience with TDD writing unit tests, test coverage using PyTest, PyUnit, pytest-cov libraries.
- Open-Source contribution experience
- Financial industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Options/Structured Notes/Risk/MTM
- Verbal and Written communication
- Agility/ Agile mindset