Posted 5 months ago
We are looking for a Python Developer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Python Developer
Term: 8-month – 37.5 hours
Location: Toronto, GTA, Mississauga and Etobicoke
Job ID number: C1228
Brief description of duties:
- Prepare estimates of the work effort required to design, develop, test and implement solutions for investment management applications and/or databases.
- Design, implement and test Python applications and SQL code.
- Work closely with business and technical teams to ensure successful completion of all technical deliverables.
- Participate in code reviews and make recommendations for optimization and improvements.
- Create deployment plans for production implementation and support transition documents.
- Support applications after production deployments. Investigate incidents caused as a result of application failures and come up with fixes in a timely manner.
- Carry after-hours support pager on a rotational basis
- 10+ years of experience working as a software developer.
- 4+ years Python programming experience (senior level). Fluency in core Python, its types and standard libraries. Experience using Python libraries such as Pandas, NumPy etc.
- Experience working with databases such as SQL Server (2016, 2019), Oracle and/or MongoDB.
- Hands on experience with database design, writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience using DevOps tools such as GitHub, Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Exposure to web development tools such as Vue JS, Flask and Django.
- Comfortable working on Linux environments and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Prior experience with developing application interfaces with middle office and back-office systems such as Eagle Accounting Book of Record or any other ABOR or Investment Book of Record (IBOR).
- Critical thinker with good problem-solving skills.
|Job Category||Python Developer|