We’re looking for a Python Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Python Developer
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C13010
Brief description of duties:
This Senior Consultant/Developer will develop, test, and deploy the code and implementation for the creation of data assets based on proprietary Business logic, most of which is currently part of legacy SAS code, utilizing SAS and/or Python programming language. The SAS/Python code developed will utilize input data from AWS S3 and Oracle AWS RDS and will be integrated into AWS services and, Informatica products (BDM/DEI, Axon, Enterprise Data Catalog, BDQ, EDL Data Wrangling, and MDM) and workflow tools (Apache Airflow, etc), following an approved physical architecture and privacy and security controls, utilizing an environment with a mix of server and serverless structure.
- Profound knowledge and experience in developing, testing, and deploying SAS/Python code in an AWS Cloud environment
- Profound knowledge and experience with software development life cycle and best practices
- Proven ability to effectively manage deliverables on time and first time right
- Ability to handle a heavy workload
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with logical and good attitude team player with strong oral and interpersonal skills.
Nice to haves:
- Design and develop code in SAS and/or Python to implement solutions as per provided requirements.
- The Senior Consultant/Developer will need to go thru SAS legacy code and extract from there the Business logic that needs to be developed, implemented, and integrated into other services and tools as part of the overall solution
- Developed code must be version controlled utilizing the client version control tool (GIT lab)
- Develop test cases for unit and integration tests
- Test the solution thoroughly to ensure the results match the requirements
- Support user tests of the solution
- Support deployment of the solution
- Create scripts/workflows to execute the code as required
- Create documentation for the technical design and developed assets as per guidance from technical leaders.
|Job Category||Python Developer|
|Developing, testing and deploying SAS/Python code in an AWS Cloud||5+|
|Software development life cycle and best practices||5+|