We are looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – 3 days a week
Job ID number: C1358
Brief Description on Duties
- Leads organizational development, strategy development, business planning, and Ministry funding requests.
- Gathers and develops requirements in order to create and maintain a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan.
- Ability to monitor and forecast project costs and provide reporting and input to ensure targets are met
- Experience developing and managing project schedules, deliverables, and scope
- Ability to promote I&IT project management best practices and adherence to standard methodologies
- Demonstrated experience directing project teams to ensure project deliverables are delivered on time and adhere to government and ministry standards
- Extensive experience coordinating and monitoring project processes, and developing/communicating guidelines and procedures
- Sources, selects and on-boards team members in various disciplines, clarify roles and responsibilities and set task/deliverable/performance expectations for resources that are both OPS unionized employees as well as fee for service (FFS) consultants.
- Resolves resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiates changes to resourcing, ensures knowledge is shared among team members such as project objectives and deliverables are met.
- Develops complex project budgets based on multiple funding channels and cross ministry dependencies.
- Effectively manages large project budgets and ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts and reconciliation/confirmation of actuals.
- Proactively identifies potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed.
- Articulates and prioritizes issues and risks at senior executive levels and recommends mitigation strategies for decision makers.
- Establishes and participates in steering committee and stakeholder forums
- Provides, project, program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels.
- Uses appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of projects – concept, definition, planning, implementation and close-out.
- Promotes OPS I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of Project Management’s Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
- Ability to make recommendations on the acquisition of software, hardware, and technology resources
- Experience managing and coordinating project monitoring, anticipates and troubleshoots issues, provides ongoing expertise, resolves problems and provides project effectiveness
- Ability to identify conflict between project and functional areas and develops responses to successfully address conflict
- Ability to handle client relationships to manage expectations, provides updates as required, identifies potential conflicts between project and functional areas
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
General Skills (60%):
- Strong Project Management, Communication, Leadership, Organization, Planning, Problem-solving, Risk assessment/management skills.
- Extensive proven experience gathering, developing and documenting business requirements and developing Business Cases.
- Proven skills to demonstrate in a Business Case: justification for undertaking a project, program or portfolio, describe vision of the future, demonstrate the value and benefits the project brings to the business, evaluate of the benefit, cost and risk of alternative options and provide a rationale for the preferred solution.
- Experience writing Business Cases using OPS methodology and templates is preferred.
- Extensive experience presenting the Business Case at various executive committees and obtaining its approvals.
- Strong vendor management skills.
- Extensive experience mapping business requirements to a new system. functionality, developing and executing test cases, tracking and monitoring application defects.
- Motivated and envelope pushing individual who can meet and exceed tight timelines.
- Ability to identify risks and gaps and provide solutions on how to mitigate those gaps.
- Experience leading organizational development, strategy development, business planning, and Ministry funding requests.
- Experience developing and managing integrated project plan, schedule, deliverables and scope.
- Experience effectively managing project budgets, monitoring and forecasting project costs and providing reporting and input to ensure targets are met.
Technical Skills (40%):
- Preferred experience procuring and delivering Cloud solutions and data migration to Cloud solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and GO-ITS standards.
- Experience using MS DevOps, MS Teams for project management software.
- Ability to make recommendations on the acquisition of software, hardware, and technology resources.
- Experience managing and coordinating project monitoring, anticipate and troubleshoot issues, provides ongoing expertise, resolve problems and provide project effectiveness.
|Job Category||Project Manager|