Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – 3 times a week
Job ID number: C1341
Brief Description on Duties
- This PM will be responsible of planning, execution, and implementation of projects with technology changes that may impact internal stakeholders as well as clients.
- They will be accountable for all aspects of execution and delivery across both business and technology – Application Development (IT) work, as well as managing/supporting the Change lead for Change Management and Operational readiness deliverables.
- They will work closely with all technology partners to ensure there is an integrated delivery plan with clearly defined R&R.
- They will coordinate closely with the Business and Operational leads on the business impacts and deliverables, ensuring close alignment and dependency management between tech delivery plan and operational readiness plan.
- They will maintain a detailed delivery plan and ensure that team is aligned on objectives and times lines, and ensure that risks and issues are escalated for support in a timely manner
- They will maintain a detailed view of the resource allocations and project financials, and ensure that timely and accurate status reporting is provided on a regular basis.
- They will ensure that all delivery and execution work is aligned with the organizational policies, and they will be responsible for relevant project governance and gating artifacts
- Typical PM tools (MIS, MS Project, Planview SaaS, MS Excel, etc).
- JIRA, Confluence
Must Have Skills:
- 12-15 years as Senior Project Manager working on large projects with hands-on experience on managing application installation or upgrades and complex integration that delivery new or changed business, operational or client capabilities. Applications should be supporting core business teams.
- Not looking for only tech PMs involved in only infrastructure upgrade, or upgrade of enterprise tools like MS office, purely technology currency projects etc.
- At least 7-10 years of program or project experience in Banks or FIs, especially asset managers and working with managing project in both hybrid and agile environments.
- Should have experience managing both business and technology deliverables, managed services, or SOW arrangements with vendors for build and QA work.
- Seasoned senior PM who can manage expectations across different stakeholder groups, expertly handle difficult conversations, and keep the key influencers aligned to common project goals
- Demonstratable experience in managing projects with very high vendor (onshore and offshore) involvement and high-degree of business impact
- Ability to use project governance levers and strong change management practice to ensure project scope and delivery schedule are protected and managed
- Should have solid experience in delivering projects in the $5-10MM range, engaging with a wide stakeholder group and managing multiple technology delivery streams
- Excellent presentation skills and savvy in MS office product suite (Power Point, Excel and Project)
Nice to Skills:
- Experience with custodians and FIs providing securities services.
- Leading gap analysis and vendor RFI/RFP processes
- Experience in projects related to trade capture/processing, cash processing or regulatory changes
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with executive transparency, sensitivity
- Demonstrated political savvy
- Experience with complexity in execution and solutions
- Expertise working in rapidly evolving environment, managing through change
|Job Category||Project Manager|