We are looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Location: Hybrid from Toronto – 2 days/week
Job ID number: C1299
Brief Description of Duties:
The project is responsible to oversee the delivery of assigned mid to large scale and complex, enterprise-wide initiatives, in accordance with the Bank’s Change management framework. It involves planning for project structure and deployment approach, and managing multiple internal and external stakeholders and teams to achieve successful delivery of the project. The Project Manager will be working directly with the sponsor and the executive team on project progress, risks, issues and action plans. As part of a growing business, an entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment will be key to success in this role.
Primary Responsibilities and activities
- Partner with the stakeholders to communicate project goals, objectives and potential outcomes.
- Lead the development of the overall approach for the deployment of projects, including its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
- Establish and ensure appropriate governance functions for the project to identify and manage risks and issues
- Monitor and coordinates dependencies across the projects and resolves conflicts.
- Lead the projects’ execution, their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Lead regular interactions with the sponsors to report on progress and recommend any project needs or changes in response to any risks and issues.
- Direct the creation and maintenance of the required project documentation and artifacts.
- Develop and control the project budget, and manage expenditure within agreed spending plans.
- Ensure that all project management activities are conducted in accordance with the Change Management Framework
- Ensure and balance the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams.
- Advise and build strong relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
- Executive program sponsor/senior responsible owner
- Functional leaders (Directors, VPs), across the enterprise
Knowledge and skills
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the project objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with the business strategy.
- A high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness and the ability to use the informal power structure of the organization to achieve project success and overcome obstacles.
- A high level of empathy and the ability to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of temperaments and personalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and inspire teams to engage in delivering on the project goals and objectives
- Strong business acumen, including industry- and domain-specific knowledge of the organization and its business units.
- Influencing and negotiation experience and skills in an environment with high competition for resources.
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Ability to develop project and deliver them with financial and resource constraints.
- Experience with PMI /PRINCE 2 / Prosci, and Agile Methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent work
- Minimum of 10-15 years of Project Management experience, including 3+ years managing multiple mid to large scaleroje projects
- PMP Certification (or comparable equivalent)
- Prosci Change Management Framework
|Job Category||Project Manager|