We are looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid once/twice a week
Job ID number: C1407
Brief Description on Duties:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience project managing electronic health-related projects, ideally with experience deploying clinical software systems
- Experience working in the public sector, preferably in a health care setting.
- Experience with and knowledge of Project Management concepts (e.g. project goals, risk, scope, participant roles, planning and quality management)
- Experience with budgeting and financial management
- Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written, and strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Time Management, with the ability to manage tight deadlines and prioritize multiple projects
- Collaboration, coordinating tasks, and ensuring that everybody works together effectively, this also involves conflict resolution
Deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with the Ontario Health Privacy Team to establish an efficient process for conducting privacy impact assessments on all new/modified services, spaces, and/or service delivery modes.
- Take the lead in planning, coordinating, and overseeing internal privacy reviews, data privacy impact assessments, and external assessments.
- Work in collaboration with various programs to systematically review, update, and archive all corporate policies, ensuring alignment with privacy standards.
- Assess new applications and business processes that necessitate access to personal health information, ensuring strict adherence to privacy standards, legislation, and industry best practices.
- Planning & strategy development for replacement of acCDR and existing viewers
- Provincial Clinical Viewer integration – planning/design/develop/UAT
- Planning audit data migrations for existing clinical viewers
- Change management preparation activities
- Provincial Clinical Viewer Pilot
- Provincial Clinical Viewer Roll out
- Decommission of existing viewers
- Provides project management on a large scale, complex, high profile and high risk project
- Ensures project deliverables meet clients’ business requirements on time, scope and budget, with a focus on cost-effectiveness, efficiencies and compliance with OPS project management methodologies and frameworks.
- Leads organizational development, strategy development, business planning, and Ministry funding requests.
- Gathers and develops requirements in order to create and maintain a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan.
- Ability to monitor and forecast project costs and provide reporting and input to ensure targets are met.
- Experience developing and managing project schedules, deliverables, and scope.
- Ability to promote I&IT project management best practices and adherence to standard methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience directing project teams to ensure project deliverables are delivered on time and adhere to government and ministry standards.
- Extensive experience coordinating and monitoring project processes, and developing/communicating guidelines and procedures.
- Resolves resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiates changes to resourcing, ensures knowledge is shared among team members such as project objectives and deliverables are met.
- Effectively manages large project budgets and ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts and reconciliation/confirmation of actuals.
- Proactively identifies potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed.
- Articulates and prioritizes issues and risks at senior executive levels and recommends mitigation strategies for decision makers.
- Provides, project, program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels.
- Uses appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of projects – concept, definition, planning, implementation and close-out.
- Promotes OPS I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality, adherence to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources.
- Professional certifications: Project Management Professional; Knowledge and understanding of Project Management’s Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Demonstrated project management software skills and experience e.g. MS Project, MS Teams etc.
- College/University undergraduate degree in Health, Business or related discipline from a recognized institution or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems used throughout the province of Ontario
- Experience with health system business implementation and deployment projects
- Proven track record working with health care professionals; direct clinical data experience or experience working with clinicians would be an asset
- Experience in liaising with customers/stakeholders where customer service was a key focus to responding to queries, issues/risk management, etc.
- Relationship building, facilitation and influencing skills to successfully partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to readily identify, assess and mitigate implementation and adoption issues
- Experience with and/or knowledge of change management, workflow analysis and redesign, business process integration, and/or evaluation/quality improvement, preferably in the health sector
- Experience operating in highly political environments and across various organizational cultures
- Working knowledge of privacy policies and legislative processes – Health Protection and Promotion Act (HPPA), Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and Personal Health Information
- Protection Act (PHIPA) and associated Health Information Custodian (HIC) requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
- Ability to make recommendations on the acquisition of software, hardware, and technology resources
- Experience managing and coordinating project monitoring, anticipates and troubleshoots issues, provides ongoing expertise, resolves problems and provides project effectiveness
- Ability to identify conflict between project and functional areas and develops responses to successfully address conflict
- Ability to handle client relationships to manage expectations, provides updates as required, identifies potential conflicts between project and functional areas