We are looking for a Project Manager! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Project Manager
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Remote
Job ID number: C1376
Brief Description on Duties:
What is the Opportunity?
The GAM PMO is looking for a Senior Project Manager to support GAM initiatives. The ideal candidate has experience managing medium-to-complex cross-functional initiatives. The team is part of a larger enterprise delivery team and the Senior Project Manager working with their assigned stakeholder group will ensure the team is set up to succeed by identifying dependencies and removing roadblocks.
The Senior Project Manager will also play an important role in the integration of their teams into the larger initiative and are responsible for ensuring their teams meet project management compliance regulations. This is a hands-on, in-the-weeds role.
What Will You Do?
- Ensure all team members and stakeholders are in sync at all times on project expectations, goals, vision, progress
- Judiciously determine the level to which all stakeholders need to be informed, and avoid over or under informing people
- Make sound and timely decisions, and escalate or delegate decisions where appropriate
- Organize and run effective project meetings with clear purpose and documented outcomes
- Develop change management plans (including communication and training strategies) and ensure change readiness with stakeholders at various levels to drive achievement of business value
Risk and Issue Management:
- Quickly and accurately identify risks and issues from a broad landscape of sources (internal to the project, internal to the organization, outside the organization, etc.)
- Appropriately gauge the impact of risks and issues to the project and to the organization, with reference back to financials/benefits/schedule/outcomes
- Proactively create and implement mitigation and resolution plans
- Communicate transparently and clearly about risks and issues, escalating them where necessary
- Create plans, controls, and processes to prevent issues from recurring on a project or future initiative
- Overall Issue management including updating the status to reflect current progress. logging and updating issues in SharePoint and ensuring JIRA defects are opened to prevent recurring issues
- Manage Triage of all issues including escalation to a Command Centre when unable to resolve
- Manage task owners with tasks for your command centre and ensure that they are ready for execution
- Ensure an accurate view of progress and status of tasks within
- Drive accountability to provide accurate and timely updates
Team activity facilitation (medium to large size teams):
- Facilitate discussion leading to collective decision-making, goal setting and conflict resolution within the team
- Remove impediments to delivery success through the proactive management of external dependencies, medium-to-high complexity team problem-solving and the development of new solutions or approaches to ongoing challenges
- Accountable for creating and maintaining the appropriate vehicles for open communication within the team (e.g. tracker boards) to create a trusting and safe team environment
- Continuously seek to improve team performance by promoting joint accountability for results and solving productivity issues
- Communicate cross functionally, ensuring transparency of progress and outcomes
- Report team progress and accomplishment up and across
- Facilitate status updates, product demos and retrospectives; ensure timely project reporting completed accurately in required systems
What Do You Need To Succeed?
- Excellent risk and issue mitigation management
- Experience managing a runbook
- Exceptional communication skills
- Project / Program delivery experience (medium-to-large scale initiatives) in a dependent multi-team environment, using influence to facilitate to outcomes
- Ability to facilitate between and influence key decision makers
- Experience providing team level metrics around key performance indicators, as well as program level reporting and dependency identification
- Ability to apply RBC Project Management Framework and well documented project delivery techniques
- Experience with investment front/middle office technology
- Previous experience in asset management
- Experience working in a command centre environment
- Data knowledge